2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think John Stones was similar to him when he left - very good, young and still lots of room for improvement, and he hasn't always been a trusted first name on the team sheet under Guardiola. I wouldn't be surprised if a top coach took him on and felt he could improve him further.

It's the same after every tournament though. A relatively unknown puts in a couple of half decent performances and suddenly he has an artificially inflated transfer tag. Cue clubs bidding for him and when signed he turns out to be a bit of a dud. And I'm stating the obvious here but a striker is only a lethal as the service thats provided for him.
That's unlikely to happen at our club at the moment.
That’s our transfer policy in a nutshell.

Carlo has a cheek really so do Real, 50m is derisory. I wouldn't even start talking until they double that even then I would not sell him this summer. I doubt Dom would go there over City or United if they come in for him at some point anyway...

Would bite their hands off for anything close to 60m. 1 decent half a season in an otherwise mediocre career and suddenly he thinks he is Harry Kane demanding C.L. football

I think John Stones was similar to him when he left - very good, young and still lots of room for improvement, and he hasn't always been a trusted first name on the team sheet under Guardiola. I wouldn't be surprised if a top coach took him on and felt he could improve him further.
Only way imo DCL can improve further is by having world class players around him, so he ain’t going to improve here. Cash in if an offer comes in I say.

Well that’s me told!

my point being average is not 75 mil, England squad or not..

His stats are far from average that’s what earned him his call up plus his valuation.

Rashford scores 11 in 38 I wouldn’t say he’s average ?

Dom 16 in 33 definitely not average

just facts
Id rather Rashford than DCL whatever the stats.

Criticism of him has devolved into basically "he's not Lewandowski", because there's no valid criticism of him left.

A fantastic young player that has developed perfectly over time, but he upsets the old fellas because of how he handles himself off the pitch.
Not this arl fella, I think he's sound - always said he was going to be good. His goal in the Under whatever world cup final was proper strikers goal.
Wins header, chases his own header, hits it right foot, it's blocked, side foots the rebound in left foot.
You might fluke one part of that combio but not all three.

Status
Not open for further replies.