2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cause teams only play in one way at all times yeah?

Carlo liked DCL and compared him several times to Inzaghi who scored an awful lot of 1 touch goals from the 6 yard area.

If we are basing how a team plays off their recent history and only signing players exactly like they've always had, we just need to accept mediocrity and that we a boring defensive club then I guess.

I’m saying he wouldn’t fit in at Real Madrid. The biggest club in the world. Known for attracting the best players including strikers.

He is miles off this level. Surely I’m not alone in seeing this, even if you rate DCL.

That's not gonna happen IMO with this squad and shouldn't be the aim with the new manager.

The reason we didn't get Europa is that the squad is threadbare and full of frauds. Carlo knew that and based on his interviews he knew who was out and what we needed

Whoever comes in is going to give your Gomes' Sigurdsson etc another crack at the whip. With that, you're already behind.

This squad was capable of beating Liverpool, Arsenal & Spurs away. Yet they couldn’t beat Newcastle, Sheff Utd or WBA at home. That wasn’t just on the squad.

I’m saying he wouldn’t fit in at Real Madrid. The biggest club in the world. Known for attracting the best players including strikers.

He is miles off this level. Surely I’m not alone in seeing this, even if you rate DCL.
I don't think he is good enough for Madrid right now, but doesn't mean he wouldn't score lots of goals if he played for them as the service would be miles better than he gets here.

Also depends what their manager is looking for.

I'm not inclined to disagree that DCL isn't the elite level Real Madrid aspire to.

However, it would be very very very amusing if he did transfer and absolutely smashed it with them. Very amusing indeed.

Well first of all I’m not.

second of all, just an honest opinion.

he doesn’t get in that RM team but I couldn’t care less as long as we get a decent fee.
Wouldn't want to get rid, this lad is improving all the time and hopefully the new manager will allow him more freedom than the six yard box when there's no supply coming in.

You don't rate him whatsoever then say, age, potential and the fact he's in the England squad means he is worth more than £50m, so you're now saying he has potential?

Years ago, when I was still in school, I was in my mates and we started a league of Champ Man 3 in my mates. There was 5 of us and we were taking turns, so to speed things up, we agreed on 10 mins transfer time each. I had drawn Barcelona as my team.

Anyway, not having any luck in any of my initial bids and desperate to sign anyone I could in a short time, I naturally looked at Everton players. At the time, we had just signed Peter Degn and he was sold to us as being Denmarks next big thing. This, for anyone who never had the opportunity to see him, was before he had even played for us. I signed him for £750k.

I was promptly sacked before the season even started.

If Carlos grand plan at Real Madrid is to go after half of our squad, even the good ones, It says either he is badly out of ideas and we are well shut of him. Or Real Madrid are in big, big trouble.

If you go and look over the last 6 years the only world class player they've bought is hazard and that deal only happened because he was running down his contract. The ones before that is 7 years ago with James and kroos.

Real madrid aren't really the galacticos any more they cant afford to be when the best players in the world are 100+ million each now. It would make sense for real thought because dcl would run riot in that league then you could keep benzema fresh for the CL or the bigger games.

Personally I doubt they would get him even if they did come in for him but it wouldn't suprise me if DCL name had come up in discussion surrounding transfers for real madrid.

These reports of £50m to Madrid are surely nonsense. Man Utd reportedly offered £80m in January and we said no. Surely he would be 3rd choice there as well behind benzema and Jovic

This squad was capable of beating Liverpool, Arsenal & Spurs away. Yet they couldn’t beat Newcastle, Sheff Utd or WBA at home. That wasn’t just on the squad.

It was. He pointed out many times, the minute the team was set up and expected to be on the front foot and attack it couldn't cope and didn't work. You go from beating Arsenal away to losing to Villa at home with the same team but set up differently and get 2 different results.

The games we defended and we're compact we won the majority.

If any manager comes in thinking that can get this squad to do what one of most decorated managers in world football couldn't do...I'll hold my hands up and say he failed here.

But we're 4 managers down in 5 years so that tells me that this squad of players aren't going anywhere higher than where they've ended up over the last few seasons.

Say we got an offer 70m and took it, do you think we would go out and sign Tosun Who was I believe 27m Niasse who was I believe 13m and Kone 5 odd million. That what you get for those fees, spend 50 m and you are getting to the next level of strikers. For 60m I believe we could get a much better striker than DCL.
Who are these better strikers?

….I actually think it was lots to do with the squad (and a concern I have over Brands).

The key difference between those great victories and dreadful defeats was that we had to take the game to the opposition in the latter. We didn’t have the players required to maintain long periods of pressure on teams, but we had exactly the players needed to defend and pinch goals with a bit of quality or a set piece in the top third.

A binary squad with little scope for options.

Anyone who
I'm not inclined to disagree that DCL isn't the elite level Real Madrid aspire to.

However, it would be very very very amusing if he did transfer and absolutely smashed it with them. Very amusing indeed.
Let's be honest, with this forum's record of writing players off that's very likely.

I'd say it's more likely than him flopping. Just look at how much he's improved already and he's still only 24.

People have got a very strange vendetta. They are upset DCL proved them wrong so are doubling down and throwing crying emojis at anyone who disagrees.

Wouldn't want to get rid, this lad is improving all the time and hopefully the new manager will allow him more freedom than the six yard box when there's no supply coming in.

You don't rate him whatsoever then say, age, potential and the fact he's in the England squad means he is worth more than £50m, so you're now saying he has potential?

Of course he has potential, he’s only young Iv never said against that. I just think he’s miles off being the finished article & right now I think he’s massively over rated.

he’s good in the box, limited everywhere else. But again people in here get so offended and upset when you don’t rate DCL.

If you go and look over the last 6 years the only world class player they've bought is hazard and that deal only happened because he was running down his contract. The ones before that is 7 years ago with James and kroos.

Real madrid aren't really the galacticos any more they cant afford to be when the best players in the world are 100+ million each now. It would make sense for real thought because dcl would run riot in that league then you could keep benzema fresh for the CL or the bigger games.

Personally I doubt they would get him even if they did come in for him but it wouldn't suprise me if DCL name had come up in discussion surrounding transfers for real madrid.
I thought you was being serious until half way through.

funniest thing Iv read on here DCL running riot in LaLiga & for Real Madrid.

DCL couldn’t run riot in a 5 aside league.

Status
Not open for further replies.