2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who

Let's be honest, with this forum's record of writing players off that's very likely.

I'd say it's more likely than him flopping. Just look at how much he's improved already and he's still only 24.

People have got a very strange vendetta. They are upset DCL proved them wrong so are doubling down and throwing crying emojis at anyone who disagrees.
No vendetta just an opinion,
How has he proved anyone wrong? His goal stats are good and no one has said otherwise. It’s the rest of his game that has been called out.

….I actually think it was lots to do with the squad (and a concern I have over Brands).

The key difference between those great victories and dreadful defeats was that we had to take the game to the opposition in the latter. We didn’t have the players required to maintain long periods of pressure on teams, but we had exactly the players needed to defend and pinch goals with a bit of quality or a set piece in the top third.

A binary squad with little scope for options.

fair point.

Not sure he is real madrid level not by a long shot, he had a great year last year poaching goals but real madrid level I don't think so. If they want him they can pay through the nose for him, but the pressure of Real Madrid I'm not sure he is there yet.

Who are these better strikers?
I’m not a scout, but if we had 60m and some one was sensible about looking, there are definitely better strikers out there for that money that would replace DCL. English players prices have always been inflated, Dom would sell for good money by being English and in the England team and I’m sure he would improve to being better than average at a top club with world class players, we are not a top club and do not have top players. I want top 4 sooner rather than later Imo we can’t wait for DCL to improve to get to that level, he has improved a lot but imo he’s still some way off being a top striker.

I’m not a scout, but if we had 60m and some one was sensible about looking, there are definitely better strikers out there for that money that would replace DCL. English players prices have always been inflated, Dom would sell for good money by being English and in the England team and I’m sure he would improve to being better than average at a top club with world class players, we are not a top club and do not have top players. I want top 4 sooner rather than later Imo we can’t wait for DCL to improve to get to that level, he has improved a lot but imo he’s still some way off being a top striker.
Name names who we could get for 60 million on DCLs wages .....scoring 20 goals plus a season ?

Status
Not open for further replies.