New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did he leave then? He had a contract, if he was fully committed he would have stayed. He never, he left for a massive pay day because Ashley wouldn't give him as much funding as he wanted. Lets go through his teams shall we.

Liverpool - Always blaming the board for problems and left the season it went a bit west and Gerrard was bored of him
Inter - Left after a fall out with the owners due to his poor performance with a Treble winning team and demands in the market
Chelsea - Won the Europa league with the CL holders and sneaked in to the top 4. Never got offered an extension
Napoli - Won the Coppa Italia then lead them to 5th place after getting beat by Lazio 4-2 in the final game, left for Madrid.
Madrid - Got sacked after 6 months because he played crap football and got embarrassed by Barca at the Bernabeu. Madrid Wet on to win the CL
Newcastle - Got relegated with a team 1 point from safety with a game in hand. Brought them back up with the best squad in the championship carried on being a midtable club (something which Bruce is carrying on with ease). Left due to a bad relationship with the owner (what a surprise) to go to China for stupid money.
Dalian - Lost more games than he won in the chinese super league with Hamsik and Carrasco for a season and Hamsik and Rondon for the other in his team
'sneaked into the top 4'
I did actually lol when I read that, i'm not sure you are entirely unbiased in your analysis.

Let’s just get it done. Next season will be crap anyway, still too many dreadful players stealing a wage from the club.

I can't remember Houllier buying Luis Garcia who scored 4 goals en route to the Champions League final. Or Xabi Alonso who scored in the final.

They also finished runners up in the League Cup that season too.

FA cup and Super Cup winners the season after, as well as finishing 3rd.

Charity Shield winners and another champions league final, runners up this time though. Another 3rd place finish.

Semi finals of the Champions league and a 4th place finish.

2nd place in the league, led the season for pretty much most of it.

Semi finals of the Europa League... Sacked.
Who would you choose as 2 or 3 option?

mind at give us you top 5 yes and top 5 nos

He made so many mistakes it’s unreal. 49.9% at the start then keeping the board on. Then the appointment of managers have been total failure. He then let them spend stupid money on average players..3 number tens cost 70 mil something daft like that. Allows Lukaku to leave but doesn’t buy a new striker. It Goes on and on and now he wants to make a former RS manager, that the fan base despise as our manager because it will stabilise the club

There is nothing wrong with the board. Never has been other than we had no money. (I know that's contentious)

Is the other stuff down to Moshiri? He backed his manager/DOF by getting 3 number 10s in, obviously hoping they had a plan in mind, We were not keeping Lukaku no matter what we did and again the lack of a striker is on the management and coaching team, not Moshiri himself.

when I say real i mean including the people who are scared to say what they really think. In are group chat straight after Ancelotti left benitez was mooted at the start and people said they'd be happy with it. now a couple of them have gone back on it because of thr fume and rest are quiet.
I suppose it depends why that's happened. Have they just changed their publicly stated opinion but privately they still feel like he'd be a good appointment (this would seem odd in a group chat I assume is made up of friends, it wouldn't say a lot for the friendship if you didn't even think you could give your opinion on a football matter for fear of being ostracised) or have they changed their mind because they've realised how opposed other people are to it? If that's the case then it's perfectly understandable and logical. If they think the division caused by the appointment would counter any positives to appointing him then reconsidering their position would make a lot of sense.

to be honest it will turn Toxic who ever gets it if they screw it up , Benitez will probably get it quicker than most i agree but a lot on here are putting Nostradamus to shame

Inappropriate Language
…not for me. He now needs us more than we need him. If he is appointed & it goes wrong, we’ll be a laughing stock in this part of the world,

Its a definite no, we have to maintain our values and self-respect.
This^
Sometimes you have to eat a bit of shight...and its character building - small doses.
But while come a time while there might be some shight you Might eat.
There are, equally,
times when there is shight you not only Must Not eat, but on peril of your very Catterick Blue Soul right out Refuse to eat.

And this is one of those times.

This^
Sometimes you have to eat a bit of shight...and its character building - small doses.
But while come a time while there might be some shight you Might eat.
There are, equally,
times when there is shight you not only Must Not eat, but on peril of your very Catterick Blue Soul right out Refuse to eat.

And this is one of those times.
Beautiful . Absolutely no idea what it means but I do like myself some graceful prose .

Probably because their to scared to admit it and find the mob with the pitchforks camped outside of their homes, some people on here with the list that we are reportedly working off will probably chose him and again no that's not me , i think some have said they see the merits in the appointment, i just don't like the people getting on their high horses and trying to shout down other peoples opinions, discuss by all means but leave the i know better than you crap and insults out of the responses
A very , very good friend of mine who is highly intelligent , an excellent knowledge of football and who has been an Evertonian for over 50 years thinks Benitez would be a great appointment.

I cannot understand it for the life of me.

….me probably being over suspicious, but could the club/Benitez get new posters on here to try & push the Benitez agenda?

I suppose only @GrandOldTeam & mods know if there has been an influx who have concentrated their posts on pushing the Benitez bandwagon.

There is a poster doing a good impression of a bot.

Just listing Benitez's achievements from a decade plus ago whenever his CV is called into question.

A very , very good friend of mine who is highly intelligent , an excellent knowledge of football and who has been an Evertonian for over 50 years thinks Benitez would be a great appointment.

I cannot understand it for the life of me.
Boris Johnson is supposed to be highly intelligent .

Status
Not open for further replies.