New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A very , very good friend of mine who is highly intelligent , an excellent knowledge of football and who has been an Evertonian for over 50 years thinks Benitez would be a great appointment.

I cannot understand it for the life of me.
And that may be the case and i hope you can take his reasoning and except it before plunging the pitchfork in him and calling him a Kopite

There is nothing wrong with the board. Never has been other than we had no money. (I know that's contentious)

Is the other stuff down to Moshiri? He backed his manager/DOF by getting 3 number 10s in, obviously hoping they had a plan in mind, We were not keeping Lukaku no matter what we did and again the lack of a striker is on the management and coaching team, not Moshiri himself.
He’s the owner so it should have been where the striker replacement? And even a year later they hadn’t replaced him

i dont want benitez but it makes me laugh that people are offended that he called us a small club many years ago.
What you said about that comment is spot on, who cares what he said then, he wasnt our manager but a rival, its school yard sticks and stones, meaningless.
Besides how much is verbally thrown at the club and members of the board by actual Everton fans? Since when did we become offended by everything ashamed by nothing

Reactions: kev

Who else would you have? Top 5 yes and top 5 nos
the point is, there are no excellent candidates out there at the moment, which is one of the reasons I am happy to go with Benitez. I don't want Nuno, and whilst I think Potter may be good, in a choice between him and RB I would go with Rafael.

Why did he leave then? He had a contract, if he was fully committed he would have stayed. He never, he left for a massive pay day because Ashley wouldn't give him as much funding as he wanted. Lets go through his teams shall we.

Liverpool - Always blaming the board for problems and left the season it went a bit west and Gerrard was bored of him
Inter - Left after a fall out with the owners due to his poor performance with a Treble winning team and demands in the market
Chelsea - Won the Europa league with the CL holders and sneaked in to the top 4. Never got offered an extension
Napoli - Won the Coppa Italia then lead them to 5th place after getting beat by Lazio 4-2 in the final game, left for Madrid.
Madrid - Got sacked after 6 months because he played crap football and got embarrassed by Barca at the Bernabeu. Madrid Wet on to win the CL
Newcastle - Got relegated with a team 1 point from safety with a game in hand. Brought them back up with the best squad in the championship carried on being a midtable club (something which Bruce is carrying on with ease). Left due to a bad relationship with the owner (what a surprise) to go to China for stupid money.
Dalian - Lost more games than he won in the chinese super league with Hamsik and Carrasco for a season and Hamsik and Rondon for the other in his team

At Inter he asked for certain players and was turned down. They had an old squad full of prima Donna's which needed a reboot. If I remember correctly they were 6th when he was sacked with 1 or 2 games in hand. Interestingly enough until this season, they hadn't won anything. Which actually proved Rafael right.

At Chelsea, he remains on good terms with Roman and FYI Roman did actually want to give him a 2 year extension, but didn't due to fan pressure. So went back to old fan favourite Mourinho.

He didn't play crap football at Madrid
That's honestly bullshit. I've already explained that politics got in the way and he was told who he should and shouldn't play.

He didn't get Newcastle relegated, we've been over this, he actually had them 9th in the form table for the amount of games he had to save them. If he had a full season they wouldn't have gone down. I've already said that Villa spent 20 mil more than Newcastle did in the championship. Newcastle also had to sell the vast majority of their best players.

In China he wasn't expected to win anything, he was expected to survive and keep his team in the premier league which he did. His job was lay the foundations for the future. Even now he is a club ambassador and is overseeing their progress for a self sustainable model to coach the next generation of players in China. Rafael sent over 20 coaches there to bring through the youth.

Status
Not open for further replies.