New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing about Rafael is not only will he know many fans wont want him with living close to the area, he should also and this should really help in a way know what players the fans hate bar hating most of them every game and been totally useless lol,[and dont give effort]

Serious question for some here, is Benitez's "small club" remark the only thing that disqualifies him in your opinion? If he had never made it, would you still view it the same way?

His career has been in decline for 15 years. A cup win here and there with expensively assembled squads.

He falls out with Club staff and plays fans off against them - that wouldn't work here.

The small club jibe just makes the idea worse as we'd be damaging our reputation by employing someone who belittled us and is well past his best. Like an Everton / RS player winding down their career with Tranmere in the early 90's.

For me, yep.

Its a simple question for me; if he was in work at, say, Newcastle, would his work there been good enough for us to buy him out of his contract/compo?

My answer is a very big No.

So we are apparently getting the best ex PL manager in Caldy.
I find it odd you would just look at his work at Newcastle but even so, he had them promoted and midtable on a negative net spend, and that rules him out?

Serious question for some here, is Benitez's "small club" remark the only thing that disqualifies him in your opinion? If he had never made it, would you still view it the same way?

No, the biggest issue for me is there is nothing in his record from last 5-10 years to suggest he is capable of taking us forward.
The fact he lives in the region seems to be his main attribute for some on the board, If he lived in Spain he wouldn't even be in consideration.

Your definition of a big club confuses me ,trophies won over half a century ago and sky tv money to pay over payed premadonas, at present note the term present we are not a big club outside some of our fan base
Wait. have I said we’re a big club? I’ve said we’re not a small club. It’s not a 1 or a 0.

You missing the relegation there?

Also pmsl at bigging him up over getting promoted when they had kept nearly all their players and likely had a wage bill dwarfing the competition.
if you extrapolate the games he had with them in his relegation season he'd have got them to above mid table, but he took them over when they were already down there. And no, he had his players sold out from under him, and got them up on a negative spend.

Supremely NEA about those comments years after the event. It's a sad state of affairs that good Blues have such insecurities, imho, but I guess that's what winning nowt for years does for us.

I'm very much arsed that Benitez is past it and will likely be bad.

I find it odd you would just look at his work at Newcastle but even so, he had them promoted and midtable on a negative net spend, and that rules him out?
Did you watch his football at newcastle like? God awful. Even the newcastle fans say that. Sold a couple of players for big money so had negative net spend big whoop, he still spent loads to get them 13th in the table.

He also took them over when they were one point off safety with a game in hand and didn't do his job of saving them.

Could then also look at his record in China.

And also the way he left many of his previous clubs.

The small club thing is just the cherry on the cake for me. As a manager, I’d view him the same way as I view NES, a ‘safe’, boring, totally uninspiring but perfectly competent option. His links to Liverpool make him undesirable, the small club comments make him a complete no go.

To put into context, when gerrard was mentioned I thought ‘Christ that’d be hard to swallow, but it might actually be a good appointment’. With Benitez it just makes me want to either cry or poke my own eyes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.