New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the appeal of the potential appointment to either side.

Benitez doesn't need the money and will damage his reputation with our local rivals side who he had success with.

It can only be ego.

I'd suggest he seems detached from clubs but when he was Chelsea manager (a side he said he'd never manage) he played down one of his players being bitten by Suarez.

He would never be truly excepted by our fan base. Anything other than an unlikely League championship or European trophy will just feel like we've sullied our reputation for a top half finish by a man who belittled the Club.

It would be the ultimate acceptance of being a small Club. Taking the former manager of your rival when their career has nosedived.

The small club jibe came through his hypocritical deflection tactic from his expensively assembled squad being unable to beat us. He used the tactics he used to gain success in European football.

His likely failure would be costly to the reputation of the current owner and board for appointing him in the first place.

Our owners want Champions League qualification but most of Benitez success has come in Cup competition's were you can draw your way to a trophy.

How many clubs has he left in a better position than when he joined?

It doesn't matter who he used to manage, he's yesterday's man.

Great post, BTW you name check a few teams like Swansea, did you know since we won the cup.in 1995, since then we are the only club in the top 4 divisions, who have had no success at all, nothin, 92 clubs and 91 one of them have done something in that time.
By that I dont just mean winning cups and titles but even a promotion to.some teams is something to.celenrate, especially a tiny club making the PL.

Least we are consistent. As I have said before it takes a lot of effort to keep this mediocre.

Swansea have won more than us in the last 25 years
We haven't finished higher than 7th for the last 8 years
One top 4 finish since 1987-88 (32 years)
We ahve been majorly reliant on the Premier League money during most of the Premier League era because we cannot produce money the likes of United, Liverpool, Arsenal & Chelsea can produce in terms of shirts, sponsorships, gate receipts etc!

We are basically a Northern West Ham!
The sooner we all deal with the facts that even 'historically' we aren't that big licks, we can lose the arrogance we have seemed to gained and get back to working to be good again, instead of expecting it
Instead of having illusions of grandeur and trying to play with the big boys, when they could all just gobble us up
Historically we’re not big licks? Name 7 English clubs bigger historically. There are over 90 clubs in the league system, so you’re saying anything not in the top 3 or 4 are small?

Historically we’re not big licks? Name 7 English clubs bigger historically. There are over 90 clubs in the league system, so you’re saying anything not in the top 3 or 4 are small?

Just about half of the entire professional league clubs have been in the PL at some point. There are an elite handful who have never left it.

The main factor in all this with Rafael is, location. He wants to live on Deh Wirrrrel and manage. Convenience that's all it is

That's slightly over-egging it and underestimating the pull of us. We are still in the top 20 richest clubs in the world and have the 6th highest wage bill in the league. Any manager worth their salt that isn't getting the top top jobs would be looking at us and seeing potential. The fact we are close is the cherry on top.

It just all falls apart in the execution as our players are a bunch of cowards and/or outhouses.

Reactions: MrD
Inappropriate Language
[Poor language removed] me if Neil lennon is on it and all over it we should appoint him

And I'll say it again.

If you get behind this appointment you are one crap blue.

25 years of crap is fine but this is a step too far. If you're the type to accept this then you're also the type who would be happy to see Moshiri pull a Vincent Tan and change our kit to red.

In the bin with the lot of you. Don't even try and justify your support to me, there is no justification.

Status
Not open for further replies.