New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Says who?

Football fans are so precious - abuse the players/managers sound but if they dare fire something back you have grown men crying and throwing their rattles out the pram.

You would think Benitez had done a Cantona on an 80 year old supporter in the family enclosure the way some carry on.
Exactly, that's the point. Everyone individually will have a view on whats in the clubs best interest. And everyone has a right to have that view heard as they are spending their own money to attend.

You aren't a better supporter than someone else because you mindlessly clap along to every decision whether you agree with it or not.

You specifically said they should stay at home for the good of the club. That is you, right there, saying what you think is in the clubs best interest and telling others what to do.

He needs to be completely honest and say something along the lines of ‘in the last I had a very successful happy period at Liverpool and they will always have a place in my heart but now I’m here to do a job and I’m 100% focussed to Everton’.
It’s the only thing he can say really, if he pretends he’s not a kopite he’s just off to a lying start and the least he needs to be to try and get any respect from us is genuine.
Think it would be best for the club to get it out in the open from day 1and get it over and done with regarding what he may have to say regarding the comment which some people will still not except or say he’s saying it for brownie points instead of it carrying on festering with some

Says who?

Football fans are so precious - abuse the players/managers sound but if they dare fire something back you have grown men crying and throwing their rattles out the pram.

You would think Benitez had done a Cantona on an 80 year old supporter in the family enclosure the way some carry on.

Too true this.

Fans can hurl abuse. Soon as it comes back its like a crime.

Is it ok if I voice my displeasure on the grounds that he is a busted flush who has achieved nothing for years, has just failed miserably in that hotbed of football China and even when he was winning things all those years ago, this teams played turgid defensive football and who is coming in here on a huge wage on a 3 year contract which he has no hope of completing, so it will cost us a kings ransom to get shut of him.

Thats sound mate - but please also voice your displeasure and put up banners and bedsheets if we dont end up appointing Benitez and end up with one of the following titans of the game:

Howe
Potter
El Loco
Scott Parker
Lampard

I suspect many wont as none of those called us a bad word 15 years ago.

Thats the problem I have - if you dont like the appointment on footballing grounds sound but still back the players if they do end up getting the job.

Its the ones who cant see past the LFC connection whilst having the cheek to moan about Dunc/Unsworth and "jobs for the boys" that make me laugh.

Is it ok if I voice my displeasure on the grounds that he is a busted flush who has achieved nothing for years, has just failed miserably in that hotbed of football China and even when he was winning things all those years ago, this teams played turgid defensive football and who is coming in here on a huge wage on a 3 year contract which he has no hope of completing, so it will cost us a kings ransom to get shut of him.
Is right, add in his baggage and its madness and short term but what can we do...

Thats sound - but please also voice your displeasure at put up banners and bedsheets if we dont end up appointing Benitez and end up with one of the following titans of the game:

Howe
Potter
El Loco
Scott Parker
Lampard

I suspect many wont as none of those called us a bad word 15 years ago.

Thats the problem I have - if you dont like the appointment on footballing grounds sound but still back the club until its clear the manager is out of his depth.

Its the ones who cant see past the LFC connection whilst having the cheek to moan about Dunc/Unsworth and "jobs for the boys" that make me laugh.

As I've said repeatedly, I couldn't care less about the small club comment. As many don't. Continue to ignore all the other arguments that have been posted In here for weeks though because they dont fit your own narrative.

Honestly I never cared for his Liverpool history or that club at all, it’s all about Everton for me. Not fussy on the fella, his way of playing, the way he comes across, clearly not in the greatest ascendency in his career either and we are about to appoint him .

I’d rather show apathy than aggression or booing , wouldn’t give people the satisfaction to fuel egos or promote their agendas.

I don’t think we’ll ever be successful long term until the club hire the best possible people across the board rather than who will have certain people’s backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.