New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Because it highlights why his comments were bollocks and why he should walk them back

The main defence for why he shouldn't do that is either "get over it" or "we are a small club and he's right"

I'm just pointing out that if you think playing against Liverpool like that makes us a small club then we'll remain small this upcoming season, because that's the way he's going to set us up, except now he'll think it's okay, because reasons
Would appear we've replaced one hypocrite with another.

"Chairman Bill Kenwright added: "There hasn't really been any doubt for some time that Marcel (Brands) and I would sit down and agree a new contract. With Farhad's (Moshiri) blessing it took us around about one play of Z Cars to reach an agreement."

Incurable piles to this club that man. Should have took whatever money Farhad gave him and walked away. He had his chance to take Everton to a different level and didn’t put his hand in his pocket once, depended on sales and David Moyes miraculously bailing him out. Will never forgive him for almost sending us to the Tesco retail park stadium in Kirkby. Ridiculous he still has say a say in footballing matters at the club let alone still has a position on the board.

Update on Sky: 'Benitez has held meetings with Ferguson & Unsworth and have now both left Finch Farm. Baines is still there. Expecting the official announcement will be made later today.'
Everton twitter would explode if he sacked them both. the Yer Da's would storm Finch Farm like it was the french revolution.

Because it highlights why his comments were bollocks and why he should walk them back

The main defence for why he shouldn't do that is either "get over it" or "we are a small club and he's right"

I'm just pointing out that if you think playing against Liverpool like that makes us a small club then we'll remain small this upcoming season, because that's the way he's going to set us up, except now he'll think it's okay, because reasons
I just really don't think it's that deep mate..

It was a comment made after a frustrating derby for him 14 years ago that he's since explained that he used the wrong choice of word and was misconstrued as a result.

Just find it mad that Evertonians have held onto that for as long as they have. How was it much worse than Rooney kissing the United badge at Goodison, for instance?

End of the day it's all just gamesmanship.

"Chairman Bill Kenwright added: "There hasn't really been any doubt for some time that Marcel (Brands) and I would sit down and agree a new contract. With Farhad's (Moshiri) blessing it took us around about one play of Z Cars to reach an agreement."
What playlist has he got on for Rafael that’s taking this long?

can someone photoshop Benitez's head onto Lord Voldemort's for me. Thanks

hqdefault.jpg

He talks very fondly of Liverpool. I wonder how much of that is the club though, how much of it is the fans, the memory or even the place?

This is my amateur Freud impression, but he seems the sort to me who would hold a grudge. I wouldn't be wholly surprised if he holds a lot of resentment for not just how he was sacked, but also how he was treated by their fans in the final year, where they turned on him quite brutally. If you think some of the stuff we have been doing in the last few days was bad, it was pretty awful back then.

A lot of people do get over that, and most of their fans have. However I wonder if he holds some animosity and a grudge, alongside an obvious admiration for aspects of the club. I don't know. It's always felt quite paradoxical to me.

Their fans turned on him? What happened at the end...didnt pay attention :)

There's one consolation though. As Benitez lives locally, there will be no 'moving costs' to pay. Probably a leading factor in the decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.