Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would expect 7th place and a decent run in the cups. Anything less will be failure. Benitez is under greater pressure than any other manager, due to his rs associations. He knew this when he signed up to be fair.
7th would be great given our recent history including under a manager we all thought was world-class. Anything above 10th is an improvement though whether we like it or not

Its an exciting appointment whatever way you see it. Following carlo Ancelotti with all the other linked managers would have put me in a coma.

The guy wanted to be here even with a thr controversial bits around it. And it's not the first time he wanted this job. He also knows what football means to us. Let's ignore the rs about him because that what they want us to do

I wouldn't have minded Eddie. He did a good job at Bournemouth, seems to be a nice bloke and he's an Everton supporter.
Apart from the fact that he’s a Blue he doesn’t have anything going for him imo.
Each to his own though, plenty on our boards wanted him as first choice as well. Can’t see it myself but what do I know?

Last manager I would ever envisage being at our club. I will support him and the team regardless.

We have stagnated far too long and I sincerely hope this appointment can propel us into real competitors.

Tme will tell, Rafael must be confident he can hit the mark. He has staked a lot on the line to be our manager. Very brave man to risk the backlash of a city.

I wish him good luck and hope things work out well for us.

https://royalbluemersey.sbnation.co...y-15-million-per-year-top-five-managers-world

£15mil a year....2 year deal with option of a 3rd.

Surely cant be paying that????

Yes, I've had my say but it's done so it's over to him to either prove us right or prove us wrong. Short term or long term, he's responsible now. Nowt we can do about it except support the team.

DD6B358D-FA92-49EA-A55C-0B3DDB9AC15D.jpeg

It's all one big joke to the posters on rawk. They ain't infuriated at all, they find this hilarious. We are now managed by a man who's face is on their banners. This is a very low and humiliating moment for Everton Football Club. This appointment feels like it's robbed the club of it's pride and dignity. It's feels like getting your trousers pulled down in public. The fall out will be nasty when this fella is a flop here.
Fixed it for you. Agree completely on the rest of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.