Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter...decent article
For me it all comes back to the Koeman era. We blew our chance to spend big on quality players who would have given us the foundation to kick on. Instead we signed 20 attacking midfielders with the pace of slugs and Ashley Williams…..

We’re still a mid table team but now with a bigger wage bill. I don’t doubt Moshiri has put his money where his mouth is but the outcome has been fairly dismal so far.

I just don't understand why they would go there with Benitez. The club couldn't of been less enthusiastic about the whole thing. I guess that maybe its Moshiri and Usmanov vs. everyone else and if that's the case then what an incrediblely odd hill to die on! They must see that our squad, poor as it is won't be relegated even if we'd got a no-mark like Eddie Howe or a total rookie like Big Dunc in to manage them. Realistically we'd be looking at 6th to 7th at best and 12th to 14th at worst. Well isn't that the exact same position we're in now? I get that in theory Benitez will command more respect from the players and be able to attract better new guys going forward but ultimately I just feel like the risk outweighs the rewards. If things go badly in the opening five or six games of the season then the crowd could very well turn on him in a big way. As I've said before, regardless of how I feel about him I'll still back the guy at the match for the duration of his time here but even so I can honestly see him being sacked before Christmas and we'll of wasted another season because of incompetence from the top of the club yet again.

I just don't understand why they would go there with Benitez. The club couldn't of been less enthusiastic about the whole thing. I guess that maybe its Moshiri and Usmanov vs. everyone else and if that's the case then what an incrediblely odd hill to die on! They must see that our squad, poor as it is won't be relegated even if we'd got a no-mark like Eddie Howe or a total rookie like Big Dunc in to manage them. Realistically we'd be looking at 6th to 7th at best and 12th to 14th at worst. Well isn't that the exact same position we're in now? I get that in theory Benitez will command more respect from the players and be able to attract better new guys going forward but ultimately I just feel like the risk outweighs the rewards. If things go badly in the opening five or six games of the season then the crowd could very well turn on him in a big way. As I've said before, regardless of how I feel about him I'll still back the guy at the match for the duration of his time here but even so I can honestly see him being sacked before Christmas and we'll of wasted another season because of incompetence from the top of the club yet again.
It's their club and they will do whatever they like with it, they couldn't give a flying one about what the peasants think.

Status
Not open for further replies.