2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is James Rodriguez going to out work or out fight anyone?

Man City have 11 faster, quicker, stronger versions of James on the pitch.

We can't even out play Sheffield Utd at home these days (with James on the pitch).

We need another direction and that is one that means booting the slow, no energy, no paced physically/mentally weak players and bringing in pace and power with the right mentality.
He played one less game last season than Jack Grealish.

It's alright having pace in the side - btw, Townsend does not have pace anymore and hasn't for 2-3 seasons - but then nobody that can find those players?

We have zero midfielders who can pick a forward pass, other than James and a guy who we currently do not know what is going on with.
Our midfield is a mess, I agree James is a very good player but the whole midfield needs serious work so I think James will be outed to help make that happen. Grealish isn’t our player so I have zero interest in him, James is still slow our side is painfully slow we need more pace in the side, so unfortunately I think that will mean the end of James being here, but time will tell with James.

There is money mate we just need profit on the book this summer to do it. James goes for £10 million thats £ 10 million profit. Signing Dumfries for £15 million on a 3 yr deal is -£5 million on the books this summer leaving us £5 million to say sign a replacement at £25 million on a five yr deal - there is your remaining -£5 million left.

Simplistic as not including wages etc but James being on a free means a sale is 100% profit. Iwobi's current book value is about £16-18 million and thats just to stand still hence why we aint selling him.
But one is a quality footballer.

The other is possibly the worst player ive seen in a blue shirt EVER.

But one is a quality footballer.

The other is possibly the worst player ive seen in a blue shirt EVER.

I agree - but thats the financial situation we are currently in.

So you either accept it or cry about it and blame the manager for Walsh and Brands wasting hundreds of millions over the last 5 years.

And which clubs are going to justify signing Delph, Iwobi, Gomes and Kenny ? Nobody wants them because they're rubbish so obviously James is likely first to leave because he's good if we need money in order to do FFP which I think we should just ignore and take the punishment for breaking
your point simply backs up my point - Everton are a mess

I agree - but thats the financial situation we are currently in.

So you either accept it or cry about it and blame the manager for Walsh and Brands wasting hundreds of millions over the last 5 years.
What utter drivel

Thats got nothing to do with wanting to boot out our best player.
The financial mess was there well before James signed or by the same token Rafael came in.
Its not a stick to beat them with.

There is money mate we just need profit on the book this summer to do it. James goes for £10 million thats £ 10 million profit. Signing Dumfries for £15 million on a 3 yr deal is -£5 million on the books this summer leaving us £5 million to say sign a replacement at £25 million on a five yr deal - there is your remaining -£5 million left.

Simplistic as not including wages etc but James being on a free means a sale is 100% profit. Iwobi's current book value is about £16-18 million and thats just to stand still hence why we aint selling him.
Mate, please stop posting about him.

Trying to vindicate flogging our only game changing player so we can buy a blag right back and right mid (which won’t happen anyway as we’d get about 5m for him as he’s got a year left on his deal) is just obscene. Even more obscene when you look at the rest of the attacking options in our squad. If we want big money the club will sell richarlison.

200,000 k a week we are paying him, great player I'd rather he stayed but I just don't see him being a central part of a RB team, because of the way he sets up and his injury record. And given our issues with FFP moving him on for a fee and getting his wages off the books would help us address key positions of right back/right wing/ midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.