2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
A strategy abandoned in less than a year.

Only football with its insane finances could sustain a basket-case like Everton. We should have folded in any other industry
An admission of defeat in one of the only things that has actually gone alright in the last year is so, so Everton.

I proper don't like us. Don't know what I'm doing. Can we just keep GOT and burn the club down?

I think you're overestimating how much money we have mate.

We have nowt, nada, to spend.

Clearing £120k and getting a £10m fee isn't gonna change that. That gets us in one player.

We get rid of James, we still need to sell another big asset, as well as the other tosh.

So why not try clear that other tosh first, ey?

If Benitez can't fit James into his system then we shouldn't have hired Benitez.

We're not talking about him walking into a Madrid team with start names left right and centre.

His other attacking mid options are Iwobi, a bloke who is suspended from the club and Andre Gomes, who has forgotten how to pass a ball forward.

There is money mate we just need profit on the book this summer to do it. James goes for £10 million thats £ 10 million profit. Signing Dumfries for £15 million on a 3 yr deal is -£5 million on the books this summer leaving us £5 million to say sign a replacement at £25 million on a five yr deal - there is your remaining -£5 million left.

Simplistic as not including wages etc but James being on a free means a sale is 100% profit. Iwobi's current book value is about £16-18 million and thats just to stand still hence why we aint selling him.

There is money mate we just need profit on the book this summer to do it. James goes for £10 million thats £ 10 million profit. Signing Dumfries for £15 million on a 3 yr deal is -£5 million on the books this summer leaving us £5 million to say sign a replacement at £25 million on a five yr deal - there is your remaining -£5 million left.

Simplistic as not including wages etc but James being on a free means a sale is 100% profit. Iwobi's current book value is about £16-18 million and thats just to stand still hence why we aint selling him.

But we still need to clear other crap off the books. Those players offer us nothing.

Our recruitment team should be focusing on trimming the fat, by whatever means possible.

I cannot justify letting James go before Delph, Iwobi, Gomes, Sigurdsson, Kenny etc. Nobody can. Not when our squad lacks anything else close to the quality he can provide and has provided.

If they did that. If they got out that crap, and then went look, we need this one extra player in and to do that James has to go, then maybe I could stomach it. Maybe. But it's not that. It's get rid of our best player, kick the can down the road with the rest of the crap and have to do it all again next year.

But we still need to clear other crap off the books. Those players offer us nothing.

Our recruitment team should be focusing on trimming the fat, by whatever means possible.

I cannot justify letting James go before Delph, Iwobi, Gomes, Sigurdsson, Kenny etc. Nobody can. Not when our squad lacks anything else close to the quality he can provide and has provided.

If they did that. If they got out that crap, and then went look, we need this one extra player in and to do that James has to go, then maybe I could stomach it. Maybe. But it's not that. It's get rid of our best player, kick the can down the road with the rest of the crap and have to do it all again next year.

We need to roll the dice mate - we finished 10th last season and other clubs have strengthened.

Going with what we've got now - keeping Coleman as RB, no quality at RW and James missing half the season with injury with Iwobi or Gomes stepping in you may as well accept 10th-12th now as nothings changed!!

We have literally nothing to lose than to wheel and deal. The problem we have is Covid has left clubs not backed by the Usmanovs and Sheikh Mansours of this world skint so they aint spending what little dough they have on kin Delph or Iwobi.

It's because certain sections (mainly on social media, not here) are still adamant in trying to justify everything this leadership does.

I'll argue with certain things where I see logic (each of the signings so far, for example, bar maybe Townsend) and that Coleman one-year extension.

But in other aspects, we're clearly a massive mess. We're three years into a DoF's tenure and we're in a worst financial position than when he started, we don't know if he gets a say in things and the management process from CA leaving to RB being appointed was not exactly an example of any joined-up thinking.

I've been someone who has always tried to give the benefit of the doubt. But I see this James situation as this: the player, rightly or wrongly, won't be arsed. He'd happily go but he'd happily stay, he's a professional and by all accounts a well-liked member of the squad.

The club, and by b virtue Benitez, will be seeing his potential departure as an opportunity to make a quick buck. While there is logic in that, to me it just shows what a mess we're in, because we have genuine tosh, complete and utter tosh, which offer much less than James, who as we know, can probably manage 30 games a season tops, on similar wages. Yet they will still be here.

People point to teams like Leicester, but while they sold good players, they always had a squad in place to keep succeeding.

We really, really, really don't. And I cannot see how any fan can justify James Rodriguez being shown the door when our attacking midfield options consist of Alex Iwobi (bought for £28 effing million) and a player who we don't know whether they'll even be playing again.
Post of the day that mate....perfect.

We need to roll the dice mate - we finished 10th last season and other clubs have strengthened.

Going with what we've got now - keeping Coleman as RB, no quality at RW and James missing half the season with injury with Iwobi or Gomes stepping in you may as well accept 10th-12th now as nothings changed!!

We have literally nothing to lose than to wheel and deal. The problem we have is Covid has left clubs not backed by the Usmanovs and Sheikh Mansours of this world skint so they aint spending what little dough they have on kin Delph or Iwobi.
How is letting our best player go strengthening?

How is letting our best player go strengthening?

Best player lol

We won more games without James last season the revisionism of this bloke is exceptional - Anfield Derby and the first 9-10 games aside he was as anonymous at times as the rest of em.

Most talented yes - but Ravel Morrison according to SAF was the most talented young player he had since since the class of 92 yet that meant nothing.

And which clubs are going to justify signing Delph, Iwobi, Gomes and Kenny ? Nobody wants them because they're rubbish so obviously James is likely first to leave because he's good if we need money in order to do FFP which I think we should just ignore and take the punishment for breaking

There is a much bigger strategy around James. It may be cut short but the idea is clear.

We should be targetting players like Luis Diaz another Colombian to play alongside James.
Make the most of the biggest opportunity we'll ever have to get this sort of exposure.
Most talented player we've had for a generation.
This is bordering on criminal if he's shown the door and very short sighted of the club , all the talk from Kenyon on there looked like the club realised its a massive opportunity.
To let this ( & a wonderfully talented player ) go shows all that is wrong with the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.