Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Richarlison
No DCL
No Kean
No Mina

Coleman, Iwobi & Keane in the starting 11, Delph and Davies getting time on the pitch.

Yesterday shouldn't have come to a shock for anyone.
Mina was there. We haven't had Kean for a year. Coleman, iwobi and Keane have been part of the first team all last season. He was missing 2 players from our first 11 last season, that's it. Don't twist the narrative and get your head out Benitez' backside.

Oh and gomes was missing as well but that's not a massive loss thinking about his performances last season.

If this actually happens, or lets just say he lasts until Christmas.

What next?

Who can we bring in to right the wrong?

Tony :)

Id have gone for Ruben Amorim at Sporting Lisbon or Gallardo at River Plate.

Lets see how they both get on this season...

Hahaha you have clue do you

Mina played and Kean hasn’t played for us in 12 months, and now he’s a reason for yesterday.

Coleman is our first choice right back, Keane played virtually every game for us in the last 4 years and Iwobi will probably be a starter seeing as you and the fat man want James gone

If anything, Kean and Gbamin are 'bonuses' for Benitez as they werent about last season.

Plus his 3 signings.

Hes got 6 winnable games before United...any less than 14pts and i think we're in trouble.

International players.
The yardstick with which to judge a player.

Oh here he is, billy liar.

This squad has Brazil's centre-forward, internationals for top tier nations in nearly every position. That you're now right up the hoop of the busted flush of a Kopite fat-slug who has already added a heaving pile of tosh into the squad isn't anyone else's problem but yours.

You literally made up another lie this morning about songs at yesterday's game. Do you think you might be a fantasist?

DCL, Richarlison, Kean, Gbamin, Gomes and Sigurdsson all missing. No forward line, makeshift team with U18 players. All this and away at Old Trafford. You cannot draw conclusions about the manager from from yesterday.
I mean, we conceded 3 goals with most of our first team from last season. The u18s were used later on. Gbamin and Kean haven't been with us for a year so it's hardly a loss from last season. And gomes and siggy aren't abd weren't our first choices last season when players were fit.

We were missing dcl and richie in terms of first choice players.

You have two options - back the manager or back the players.

We've backed the players for the last 7 years and nothing has changed - maybe its time to suck up your pride and let the manager weed out the players who largely play for themselves and haven't the fight and loyalty to the club/team mates out the door.

Sack Benitez today - same problems tomorrow.

Patience needed to rebuild the squad and stop the endless cycle of hire and fire.
This is how I see it

If/when Benitez gets sacked we are back at square 1

Maybe we can get by this next season with a mid table finish, and then have a rid out next summer when some of the less desirables contracts expire.

What with all this ffp, doesn't look like we can spend, so it's struggle on and build from there.

Tony

Inappropriate Language
This is how I see it

If/when Benitez gets sacked we are back at square 1

Maybe we can get by this next season with a mid table finish, and then have a rid out next summer when some of the less desirables contracts expire.

What with all this ffp, doesn't look like we can spend, so it's struggle on and build from there.

Tony
That's a decent call, the only worry is that better players like DCL, Richy, Godfrey and Digne might not fancy treading water for another 12-18 months before we start getting our [Poor language removed] together. Been impressed by what iI've seen of Gray so far though. Really not hopeful for this season but I can't wait to get back there next Saturday.

Id have gone for Ruben Amorim at Sporting Lisbon or Gallardo at River Plate.

Lets see how they both get on this season...

If anything, Kean and Gbamin are 'bonuses' for Benitez as they werent about last season.

Plus his 3 signings.

Hes got 6 winnable games before United...any less than 14pts and i think we're in trouble.
14 points from our first 6 would be a fantastic start, but to say you think we'll be in trouble if we don't get that is a bit OTT.

That's a decent call, the only worry is that better players like DCL, Richy, Godfrey and Digne might not fancy treading water for another 12-18 months before we start getting our [Poor language removed] together. Been impressed by what iI've seen of Gray so far though. Really not hopeful for this season but I can't wait to get back there next Saturday.

Fingers crossed, we might be able to add more quality in the winter window, dunno, ffp again.

We MUST start well though and have Brands do his job properly, maybe Benitez with Brands and cash to spend, I seriously dont think the football to come can be worse than a lot of last seasons performances.

Tony :)

Oh here he is, billy liar.

This squad has Brazil's centre-forward, internationals for top tier nations in nearly every position. That you're now right up the hoop of the busted flush of a Kopite fat-slug who has already added a heaving pile of tosh into the squad isn't anyone else's problem but yours.

You literally made up another lie this morning about songs at yesterday's game. Do you think you might be a fantasist?

Top tier nations. Absolutely.
Pretty sure only Pickford from yesterday started the last international game for their nation.

I mean, we conceded 3 goals with most of our first team from last season. The u18s were used later on. Gbamin and Kean haven't been with us for a year so it's hardly a loss from last season. And gomes and siggy aren't abd weren't our first choices last season when players were fit.

We were missing dcl and richie in terms of first choice players.
And Gbamin and Kean, they would have played CB a major part.

The goals you gave away were poor, but looked like rusty first day back of term type goals. Pickford only just back.

Gbamin would have played and given the midfield a different flavour.

If we had DCL and Richarlison, then their midfield would have had something else to think about. I’m no saying we would have won at all, but it’s a futile exercise evaluating friendly games.

Status
Not open for further replies.