2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
….Keane is ordinary but Holgate is worst.

Our failure in recruitment hasn't just been buying rubbish its also been not being able to shift average players out for cash to reinvest.

No one can tell me the likes of Liverpool, Leicester, Spurs etc couldn't offload a Michael Keane or Mason Holgate to a bottom half/newly promoted type club for say £15-20 million.

We are awful at player trading these days which is what we were great at under Moyes.

A very frustrating player.

He’ll go through patches where he looks rock solid, dominant in the air & strong in the tackle. Then just as you start to think he’s turned a corner he’ll fall to bits again.
That’s 2 out of the 3 goals we’ve conceded this season that he’s directly at fault for.

That will have a knock on effect to the rest of the defence and goalkeeper if you are constantly worrying about having to cover one of your CB’s in case he cocks up again.

Our failure in recruitment hasn't just been buying rubbish its also been not being able to shift average players out for cash to reinvest.

No one can tell me the likes of Liverpool, Leicester, Spurs etc couldn't offload a Michael Keane or Mason Holgate to a bottom half/newly promoted type club for say £15-20 million.

We are awful at player trading these days which is what we were great at under Moyes.
I don't think it's a matter of not being able to offload them if we wanted. We don't want to because we then need to buy someone else and although none of our CBs are world class they're all PL level players which can't be said of other areas of the team.

Signed a five-year deal last season so good luck with getting anyone to pay what the club will value him at.

In an ideal world he's shipped off back to Burnley next summer for about £15m when Tarkowski leaves on a free. Hopefully, we can get Branthwaite a good loan this season and he can take his spot in the squad.

The same Davies/Siggurdson/Gomes arguments are also used to defend Keane too much.

‘yeah but Holgate was worse’.

Who cares, he’s not good enough, just because someone else is also not good enough doesn’t make him suddenly ok.

Terrible player.

In the cold light of day, hopefully he’s got this out of his system now and he can return to being a the reliable steady Eddy of last season.
Interview the other day about leaders he was the first name out of Benitez’s gob, so he rates him to some degree….. whether he’ll tolerate / risking another blunder we will see in due course

I would genuinely rather have Conor Coady or Tyrone Mings on the payroll instead of Micheal the Timid Tugboat. Hopefully someone puts in a deadline day bid for him and we ship him out for £18m.

Until then, any two of Mina, Godfrey and Holgate to start games please.

Do you not think that is a bit steep?

Not making excuses for him - I wonder if he was trying to do what the manager wants instead of playing to his own weaknesses. (Getting too close to instead of hanging back for the first goal).

Not making excuses for him - I wonder if he was trying to do what the manager wants instead of playing to his own weaknesses. (Getting too close to instead of hanging back for the first goal).
He can't hang back and play everyone onside if the team has been told to push further, bang me in a deep block and I can ken off in our 6 yardbox knocking them away aswel.

Fans back in stands and a higher line means the Timid Tug has been exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.