Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry mate I don’t buy it there is more red flags than simple corporate governance here.

Put simply we have administration in place that thinks replacing Kean and Jamo, with Rondon and Townsend is a good idea. Ffs it’s bananas.
James is an amazing player. He was also probably not one we should have signed given the position of the club. Weirdly insisting on making it work is actually just compounding the error.

People are forgetting that we changed managers mid way through the summer and therefore all our targets got reset? But yeah let’s moan about the lack of continuity.

But they shouldn't though if we followed the logical and normal footballing strategy with a Director of Football in place.

Heard from a dead reliable twitter ITK that we are bringing a blue back home to backup DCL. ;)

GIF-Spanish-star-flies-in-the-air-after-his-foot-gets-caught-on-turf-181105.gif

lol

It clearly is though. DOFs just bring in what the manager wants, case in point Chelsea under Sarri bringing in Jorginho, then they changed targets to suit whatever Tuchel wanted.

It’s clear as day Brands is not picking players at Everton, he’s trying to deliver what managers want. He didn’t target any of them. He’s facilitating what managers want, couldn’t be more clear.
It seems has never picked a player here.
He’s clearly a waste of money.

I think we all now know why Benitez ended up here, any other manager would have walked out when they heard our current transfer policy.

We can’t use this as an excuse for going for £1m players, if it’s FFP or other things then fair enough.
In no way is it to do with the manager, It’s deffo from higher up.

Not for the money no, but as soon as Ancelotti left we were always going to be in the last day market. A year of the club planning with Ancelotti went out the window and we started again with Benitez. Ancelotti might have been looking at an Isco type to play in a diamond or a third midfielder, maybe a right back who can play as an attacking full back in a 5. Benitez comes in and wants two wingers and might be happy with Holgate as a utility right back as he’s not playing flying full backs. Completely different.

James is an amazing player. He was also probably not one we should have signed given the position of the club. Weirdly insisting on making it work is actually just compounding the error.

Would strongly disagree he’s a quality footballer and game changer. We employ people to get the best out of the quality we have, they have to do it. Equally we employ people to make apt decisions - they made one on Jamo a year ago, no point saying whoops now - let’s start again! It’s that compound that creates the problems financially and indicative of the red flags I mention.

I’m probably not as in touch with the game as I once was, so truly I don’t have an opinion on the players you mentioned. If we weren’t in for them, however, they’re big enough names (ie we’d have known of their availability) that you’d have to assume there’s a reason we weren’t. Ultimately, if there were players for whom deals COULD have been done, our management team felt they’d be no better an option than JJK/Holgate. If we DO get someone over the line then at least there’ll be a sense that some due diligence was done for a change!
I’m not sure that assuming the club never make a mistake is any healthier than assuming they get everything wrong really. People are just saying names they think would have been good signings for us I don’t really know what’s wrong with that nobody’s claiming we tried to sign them and messed it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.