2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s see what happens, we’ve had a good start to the season, certain players have stayed and have surprised us on the pitch, look fitter and we are playing good football. Hopefully he willl buy into that work hard and if he does he will certainly contribute. it Might suit us and him to play the last 30 in a tight game where are hitting brick wall need a bit of magic and he comes on fresh. I don’t think he is a lazy player his tackling technique is poor and he isn’t a natural runner but I think he will leave egg on a few people faces if he comes on the pitch having more pace around him and Doucoure bombing on from midfield. Does Luca modric or Jorginho play high octane high tempo. No but they can control football matches with their brain. I think we will do ok and I also think James will have a bit of thinking to do following nobody coming in and signing him this window.

I sincerely hope that in the next few days Benitez will sit him down for a positive clear the air discussion.

Hopefully Hamez still has fire in his belly. Don’t care if he doesn’t care about Everton, if the desire to play for Columbia or get his next move is enough to drive him to give us his best while he’s here, that’s good enough.

Hopefully Benitez has it in him to man manage and get the best out of him.

We certainly don’t want another Eto’o on our hands.

With James £200k per week, Sigurdsson £100k per week, and Delph £90k per week, that's £19,000,000 a year the club is simply throwing away. When will they ever learn? Just stop, stop buying slow, lazy players coming to the end of their careers. It really is unforgivable.

We will make saving of 42 million per annum next year, if all planned contracts come to an end naturally.

As I said a few weeks ago - for me he shouldn't be an automatic starter even when fit. Doesn't suit this system which relies more on pace and directness.

Potentially a useful 'plan B' later in games where a defence needs unlocking, but that's about it.

yes you are 100% correct! only the manager will have all the discretion, it is all his decision now.

BUT only if he (the FSW) can delivers in the long run.. otherwise the supporters (us) will demand James to play.
I have a suspicion when you say “the supporters”, you don’t mean the same as the majority of this forum

As I said a few weeks ago - for me he shouldn't be an automatic starter even when fit. Doesn't suit this system which relies more on pace and directness.

Potentially a useful 'plan B' later in games where a defence needs unlocking, but that's about it.
wow! but honestly i hope that "system" you are referring to will work! ... for us to beat some big teams just like we did last year with James.

Hopefully James is a professional and will give 100% until he leaves Everton. He has give us some great performances and with Benitez he probably is fitter than ever. I'm excited to see him play in blue :)

Status
Not open for further replies.