New Everton Stadium Discussion

Well you'd imagine that, given the land is private property now with many people operating dangerous machinery, the club will stop drones flying over and getting too close to the site. Drones can malfunction and you wouldn't want one of those to fall on your head from 150m in the air.
Yes - though of course the land is private property, but the airspace isn’t.

Like I say, I’m no expert, but a cursory Google suggests to me that drones need to be 150m away from “residential, recreational, commercial and industrial areas.”

Which sounds like BMD to me… so I’m pretty sure the club would be well within their rights to stop this at the point it becomes dangerous (probably the construction phase).

But I suspect we’ll continue to see drone footage shot from the Mersey if they do enforce a ban.

Actually, as a postscript to my previous message, if the drone is small enough, that 150m restriction does not apply:

You can fly small drones and model aircraft that are lighter than 250g, or C0 or C1 class, in residential, recreational, commercial and industrial areas.

Remember, you must always fly safely.

And I’m pretty sure one of the guys has specified he’s using a DJI Mini 2, which comes in under that threshold.

So who knows? “You must always fly safely,” sounds like a very woolly rule.

Yes - though of course the land is private property, but the airspace isn’t.

Like I say, I’m no expert, but a cursory Google suggests to me that drones need to be 150m away from “residential, recreational, commercial and industrial areas.”

Which sounds like BMD to me… so I’m pretty sure the club would be well within their rights to stop this at the point it becomes dangerous (probably the construction phase).

But I suspect we’ll continue to see drone footage shot from the Mersey if they do enforce a ban.
For most drones, it is a minimum 50m horizontal distance from a person and the drone and the height of the UAV holds no weight in the argument.

e.g. if you're 200m up but over someone it's an offence. As the height increases, you should (not mandatory) actually increase the minimum distance.

There are some exceptions based on the above, but they'd have to prove that. In reality, the only footage should come from above the Mersey.

Last edited: