2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is one of Benitez's boys though which in the manager's head makes him good enough and fit enough to play. Hopefully, this early poor form picks up and he can add some value to the team.

tbf though, it was either Rondon or nobody last night. Benitez himself said on Monday that Rondon wasn't fit and they knew it, but neither is Simms.

I can't knock him for playing Rondon. I knock the club for waiting until deadline day to bring him in.

Winning this cup is (or at least should be) a much bigger priority for Everton than for those clubs though so it’s not the same thing really. Liverpool have got bigger fish to fry and Watford will be concentrating on staying up while our fan base is just desperate for a trophy after nearly thirty years so while it’s not my biggest gripe I can see why others aren’t happy that we didn’t go all out for it.

Bearing in mind we have league games either side, and an injury crisis, would fans rather have seen players rested for the league games and then played the strongest side last night?

I don't care what anyone says, Benitez is at fault for last nights result, he should've played the strongest team available. I'm not having any of the pathetic excuses about not needing the extra games, this isn't the Europa League, its just seven game to win the league cup if you enter at the 2nd round like we did. It was pure arrogance from him to just dismiss the game as unimportant and he's made his own job just that little bit harder thanks to his stupidity.

If we're FC Everton does that mean you're FC Benitez?

If so, I'm totall happy being FC Everton.
I can see you FC Everton lot ordering black and red 'Black Watch' scarfs as a protest in the very near future...like United's refuseniks did with their Newton Heath colours.

Tap me through the highs of last season and also in your fairy tale, include the lows
Thanks, mate, I get that you might not have followed Everton last season and understand that you became particularly interested when the mighty blues owner decided to bring Benitez in but last year we had a running battle with Miley Cyrus, it was glorious and so Everton.

Miley is a global talent and you just have to stand back in awe at these kinds of wins.

We broke our unacceptable recent record against the sky six.

This included breaking the pit voodoo and taking four points off the mutants - helping to end any hopes the absolute horrors had for the league LOL I'm sure you loved that as much as us :dance:

We competed for a CL place from August through to March.

The lows, weird home form especially the last couple of months of the season. Injuries to three key players; James calf injury as our poor form coincided with his absence or playing through injury; Doucoure injury also coincided with a run of eight games without a win; Calvert-Lewin injury coincided with a dip in form too. If I remember correctly there was a stat that found that we did not lose to Miley Cyrus when those three and Allan played. And that we also didn't lose a game with them all fit and playing together. It'd be interesting to see what that was and how far in.

Hopefully, we will improve in this and maintain the competition for a CL spot right until the last game. Over to you Benitez. ?

I don’t think relegation is an issue, though having just typed that remark I wonder how many other supporters thought that of their club. I think we will suffer some squeaky bum moments along the way but I think there are at least three teams worse than us.
Benitez has been brought in to manage a dire situation, he is here to carry out damage control. I am sure he sees what we all see, 11 or 12 premier league players and then makeweights, we can criticise the makeweights but he can’t, he needs them. He has to conjure up a system that is much greater than the sum of its parts. He has to turn pig’s ears, and lazy pig’s ears into silk purses.
As a club we seem to have become a home for the laim, the sick and the lazy, this is a cycle that is going to take years to put right. I am hoping that we will be in a position to challenge by the time we move into the new ground, can’t see much success before then.

I fully agree, but the only player showing he has quality on a consistent basis so far from a creative stand point is Townsend. And we saw v Villa that that isn't going to be enough.

Well I pin the blame on our atrocious squad building as much as the manager mate really. We should be able to make a few changes and beat sides. And ultimately we still had six of the players who will be starting on Saturday playing yesterday (at least)
The spine was missing. Centre half and central midfield.

Our defenders were abysmal again. I won't defend those two anymore - they simply cannot defend properly. People turned a blind eye to Godfrey's mistakes last year because he put in a few slide tackles, but he has some major flaws to work on.

In midfield we knew it would be a battle. But we started Gomes who is the last person you want in a midfield battle away from home. When he starts we play poorly because he lacks commitment and physicality. Davies was ok, but nothing more and just can't seem to kick on. I'm running out of patience with him.

And the keeper that Benitez signed is just not good enough. Olsen was far more dependable.

Thanks, mate, I get that you might not have followed Everton last season and understand that you became particularly interested when the mighty blues owner decided to bring Benitez in but last year we had a running battle with Miley Cyrus, it was glorious and so Everton.

Miley is a global talent and you just have to stand back in awe at these kinds of wins.

We broke our unacceptable recent record against the sky six.

This included breaking the pit voodoo and taking four points off the mutants - helping to end any hopes the absolute horrors had for the league LOL I'm sure you loved that as much as us :dance:

We competed for a CL place from August through to March.

The lows, weird home form especially the last couple of months of the season. Injuries to three key players; James calf injury as our poor form coincided with his absence or playing through injury; Doucoure injury also coincided with a run of eight games without a win; Calvert-Lewin injury coincided with a dip in form too. If I remember correctly there was a stat that found that we did not lose to Miley Cyrus when those three and Allan played. And that we also didn't lose a game with them all fit and playing together. It'd be interesting to see what that was and how far in.

Hopefully, we will improve in this and maintain the competition for a CL spot right until the last game. Over to you Benitez. ?

Last season was still a failure. When we needed results in the run in we flopped.

You and your mates are cock-a-hoop when Everton get beat and I'm a troll?

Think about it.
I’m not cock a hoop and fuming , read my posts I wasn’t once cock a hoop . I’m saying I want to win , I even half defended Rondon agreeing with @ForeverBlue92 for godsake .

I couldn’t be any further from cock a hoop , I was cock a hoop for those 10 mins during the Burnley game , I was genuinely out of my seat I actually throughly enjoyed it .

Let me make it clear I want us to beat Norwich I think we will , is that clear ? I didn’t want the manager and the splits that are obvious amongst the fanbase are one of the main reasons and if you think it’s just on GOT I can unhappily tell you it isn’t it’s in the ground , pubs , cars and coaches . He’s here now so winning is the only thing that I want , I want my team to win every single match they ever play . so I’m absolutely not cock a hoop , will I accept 14 from this guy I will absolutely not. I wasn’t happy with what we saw from ancelotti last year and we didn’t end up 14th for gods sake .

I’m not cock a hoop and fuming , read my posts I wasn’t once cock a hoop . I’m saying I want to win , I even half defended Rondon agreeing with @ForeverBlue92 for godsake .

I couldn’t be any further from cock a hoop , I was cock a hoop for those 10 mins during the Burnley game , I was genuinely out of my seat I actually throughly enjoyed it .

Let me make it clear I want us to beat Norwich I think we will , is that clear ? I didn’t want the manager and the splits that are obvious amongst the fanbase are one of the main reasons and if you think it’s just on GOT I can unhappily tell you it isn’t it’s in the ground , pubs , cars and coaches . He’s here now so winning is the only thing that I want I want my team to win , every single match they ever play , so I’m absolutely not cock a hoop , will I accept 14 from this guy absolutely not and I wasn’t happy with what we saw from ancelotti last year and we didn’t end up 14th for gods sake .
Their is no 'split', it's a handful of narks on a forum.

I don’t think relegation is an issue, though having just typed that remark I wonder how many other supporters thought that of their club. I think we will suffer some squeaky bum moments along the way but I think there are at least three teams worse than us.
Benitez has been brought in to manage a dire situation, he is here to carry out damage control. I am sure he sees what we all see, 11 or 12 premier league players and then makeweights, we can criticise the makeweights but he can’t, he needs them. He has to conjure up a system that is much greater than the sum of its parts. He has to turn pig’s ears, and lazy pig’s ears into silk purses.
As a club we seem to have become a home for the laim, the sick and the lazy, this is a cycle that is going to take years to put right. I am hoping that we will be in a position to challenge by the time we move into the new ground, can’t see much success before then.
utter nonsense from start to finish.

The spine was missing. Centre half and central midfield.

Our defenders were abysmal again. I won't defend those two anymore - they simply cannot defend properly. People turned a blind eye to Godfrey's mistakes last year because he put in a few slide tackles, but he has some major flaws to work on.

In midfield we knew it would be a battle. But we started Gomes who is the last person you want in a midfield battle away from home. When he starts we play poorly because he lacks commitment and physicality. Davies was ok, but nothing more and just can't seem to kick on. I'm running out of patience with him.

And the keeper that Benitez signed is just not good enough. Olsen was far more dependable.
Each one of our defenders only looks good next to Mina. Godfrey has a lot of flaws that people did point out. However, he has physical attributes which go towards making up for that and with good coaching/development (and not having to play in every single position across the backline) he should iron those mistakes out. But he's nowhere near fit, looks completely weak and it's clear he's not going to the be the same for a while. So suddenly, he's not got the physical attributes that make him stand out and his flaws are being exposed. Making him play 3 games, all very different and physical too, in the space of 8 days is utter madness when he's coming back from COVID and clearly been absolutely hit hard by it too.

Agree on the last two. I still just think we're crap though and i have much more issue with that than whether or not Doucoure started or came on in the second half. We're a really crap side who cannot control football matches at all in any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.