Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From our end of season fan survey;

1632298109507.png

He's done himself absolutely no favours by throwing in the towel on the league cup.

As I said yesterday, the league - best case scenario - 7th, worst case - 14th.

Absolutely no reason Everton should be arrogant enough to dismiss a cup competition.

26+ years and counting.

I don’t think relegation is an issue, though having just typed that remark I wonder how many other supporters thought that of their club. I think we will suffer some squeaky bum moments along the way but I think there are at least three teams worse than us.
Benitez has been brought in to manage a dire situation, he is here to carry out damage control. I am sure he sees what we all see, 11 or 12 premier league players and then makeweights, we can criticise the makeweights but he can’t, he needs them. He has to conjure up a system that is much greater than the sum of its parts. He has to turn pig’s ears, and lazy pig’s ears into silk purses.
As a club we seem to have become a home for the laim, the sick and the lazy, this is a cycle that is going to take years to put right. I am hoping that we will be in a position to challenge by the time we move into the new ground, can’t see much success before then.
"Relegation".

We're 6th in the table mate and with another 3 points in the bag on Saturday locked into the top 5/6...and we have players to come back in.

FFS "relegation".

Thanks, mate, I get that you might not have followed Everton last season and understand that you became particularly interested when the mighty blues owner decided to bring Benitez in but last year we had a running battle with Miley Cyrus, it was glorious and so Everton.

Miley is a global talent and you just have to stand back in awe at these kinds of wins.

We broke our unacceptable recent record against the sky six.

This included breaking the pit voodoo and taking four points off the mutants - helping to end any hopes the absolute horrors had for the league LOL I'm sure you loved that as much as us :dance:

We competed for a CL place from August through to March.

The lows, weird home form especially the last couple of months of the season. Injuries to three key players; James calf injury as our poor form coincided with his absence or playing through injury; Doucoure injury also coincided with a run of eight games without a win; Calvert-Lewin injury coincided with a dip in form too. If I remember correctly there was a stat that found that we did not lose to Miley Cyrus when those three and Allan played. And that we also didn't lose a game with them all fit and playing together. It'd be interesting to see what that was and how far in.

Hopefully, we will improve in this and maintain the competition for a CL spot right until the last game. Over to you Benitez. ?
Plank

I don't care what anyone says, Benitez is at fault for last nights result, he should've played the strongest team available. I'm not having any of the pathetic excuses about not needing the extra games, this isn't the Europa League, its just seven game to win the league cup if you enter at the 2nd round like we did. It was pure arrogance from him to just dismiss the game as unimportant.
Maybe he should have risked playing the likes of Allan and Doucoure but lets not pretend the players that played weren't good enough to beat a championship side mate. Godfrey, Gomes and Iwobi cost close to 80million, Davies has made over 100 appearances for Everton, mostly in the premierleague. These are the games he should be bossing by now, likewise Holgate isn't a young prospect any more. He should be schooling someone like Austin. It says everything about this group of bottlers (the same players that have failed the last 3 managers) that our standout player was a free signing Journeyman who, let's be honest, was signed to be a squad player at best.

From our end of season fan survey;

View attachment 139695

He's done himself absolutely no favours by throwing in the towel on the league cup.

As I said yesterday, the league - best case scenario - 7th, worst case - 14th.

Absolutely no reason Everton should be arrogant enough to dismiss a cup competition.

26+ years and counting.
We drew 2-2 away to a good Championship team and he played most of the first team available. How did he throw the towell in?

And yet the reality is that he is our gaffer and will be for years.

The chances of that are slim. He's already under pressure after the debacle last night.

If he's such a top manager then how the frig did he lose to QPR. How kopite of us all to expect to beat a mid table championship side. How dare we have expectations and want to win games against such formidable opponents.

Each one of our defenders only looks good next to Mina. Godfrey has a lot of flaws that people did point out. However, he has physical attributes which go towards making up for that and with good coaching/development (and not having to play in every single position across the backline) he should iron those mistakes out. But he's nowhere near fit, looks completely weak and it's clear he's not going to the be the same for a while. So suddenly, he's not got the physical attributes that make him stand out and his flaws are being exposed. Making him play 3 games, all very different and physical too, in the space of 8 days is utter madness when he's coming back from COVID and clearly been absolutely hit hard by it too.

Agree on the last two. I still just think we're crap though and i have much more issue with that than whether or not Doucoure started or came on in the second half. We're a really crap side who cannot control football matches at all in any sense.

Well the wider squad issues come down to the work of the DOF and the recruitment team. But the manager had options in midfield and defence last night and chose not to use them. I see that as disrespect towards the fans and the competition. When you show a lack of respect you deserve to lose.

The chances of that are slim. He's already under pressure after the debacle last night.

If he's such a top manager then how the frig did he lose to QPR. How kopite of us all to expect to beat a mid table championship side. How dare we have expectations and want to win games against such formidable opponents.
In your view he is.

In reality he's doing a fine job and under zero pressure for this season at the very least.

You'll have to show patience in your desire to unseat the manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.