2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we shoot ourselves in the foot.

I don't see what the alternative is mate, don't say nothing?

I kinda feel like thats why we are in the situation we are - absolutely criminal mismanagement of the club and decisions made by the board in particular have been left untouched.

If someone serves you a meal which is mouldy and disgusting, I certainly wouldn't sit there and eat it.

We are too nice. alway have been, am bored of it now, bored of not winning, bored of not trying to win a cup. I was lucky to see us last win a trophy, I want my kids to have that feeling before they are my age.

You cant be serious if you believe the fan base are divided down the middle on the manager after this start.
We are sixth. Last time I checked it was 93% of us backing him before the season start. If 43% of them decided they had enough been 6th in table they have lost thier mind. But thats not the case. Its just the 7% spouting that nonsense. And they have never had a mind to begin with.

It should be made clear to any manager we appoint that in a season where we have no european football, progression in cup competitions is priority, because WE NEED TO WIN SOMETHING.

Why are so insistent on defending a manager who lost to lower league opposition? Did you defend Silva when he lost to Millwall? Did you defend Ancelotti when he lost to their reserves?

The manager failed and he should be on a final warning.
5 games in...
You realise we're making absolute fools out of ourselves if we sack the manager now. Not gonna happen. Even if it is Benitez, our former enemy?
You think Potter will be willing to work in this hornet's nest? Or any other half-decent manger for that matter?

I stand by the fact he IS a good manager, albeit stubborn. There's a reason he has loved at Valencia, Nufc, Naples & you know where. It's because he's good, very good.

I'd wish CA never left too, but hey, even he lost to the Liverpool U18's in his second cup match, with a fully fit squad...

19 points is some drop off, how bad of a manager is he then? I got told he was a tactical genius, so surely he should be able to adapt like the good managers do
You believed that? We have a wafer thin squad, that's Brands, Moshiri's fault ? Whoever is to blame it's the results we get this season on a game by game basis that count nothing to do with our points total last.

5 games in...
You realise we're making absolute fools out of ourselves if we sack the manager now. Not gonna happen. Even if it is Benitez, our former enemy?
You think Potter will be willing to work in this hornet's nest? Or any other half-decent manger for that matter?

I stand by the fact he IS a good manager, albeit stubborn. There's a reason he has loved at Valencia, Nufc, Naples & you know where. It's because he's good, very good.

I'd wish CA never left too, but hey, even he lost to the Liverpool U18's in his second cup match, with a fully fit squad...
Does this logic apply for those who are freaking themselves for being 6th in the table???

There is little wrong with the club though in the grand sceme of things.

6th in the table

World class stadium being built

But we lose a cup game and fans are acting like our owners are loading us with debt and changing the kit colours to red.

The reality since Ancelotti our fanbases heads have largely sizzled off and its becoming embarassing.

One summer without spending £100 million and Moshiri is a carpet bagger

Threatening banners put up outside Benitez's house and at GP

fans singing about Ancelotti dying

Never mind Benitez / Moshiri / Brands the real problem at Everton at this moment in time is a section of the fans.

I do beg to differ on that mate, little wrong with the club. We have gone into the season with 1 recognised left back, we have gone into yet another season with a gaping hole on the right hand side. Townsend has come in and done well, but lets be honest he isnt going to be there for 5 years and if he is we are in trouble.

The reaction imo isnt just about last night. We havent got things right as a club for a long time, and recruitment, youth policy, manager selection and identity are top of the list for me.

World class stadium being built is huge I give you that, but we need to be winning going into it. Don't be saying 6th in the table while sepetmeber, whats the point - like the RS saying they won the league. absolutely pointless.

Banners shouldn't have been done - but the club chose to ignore the noise and allowed that to continue for days after. The Club. Not Benitez.

There is little wrong with the club though in the grand sceme of things.

6th in the table

World class stadium being built

But we lose a cup game and fans are acting like our owners are loading us with debt and changing the kit colours to red.

Since Ancelotti left our fanbases heads have largely sizzled off and its becoming embarassing.

One summer without spending £100 million and Moshiri is a carpet bagger

Threatening banners put up outside Benitez's house and at GP

fans singing about Ancelotti dying

Never mind Benitez / Moshiri / Brands the real problem at Everton at this moment in time is a section of the fans.

None of the points you've raised are in any way relevant to last night's loss to QPR

It's pure whataboutery

We lost a game that we should never have lost and the manager has to take responsibility. He picked the side. He rested key players. This is no one else's fault except the manager and the players who walked onto the pitch.

I kinda feel like thats why we are in the situation we are - absolutely criminal mismanagement of the club and decisions made by the board in particular have been left untouched.

If someone serves you a meal which is mouldy and disgusting, I certainly wouldn't sit there and eat it.

We are too nice. alway have been, am bored of it now, bored of not winning, bored of not trying to win a cup. I was lucky to see us last win a trophy, I want my kids to have that feeling before they are my age.
What would Moshiri do (there is no board) ,sack the manager then bring in who?

You believed that? We have a wafer thin squad, that's Brands, Moshiri's fault ? Whoever is to blame it's the results we get this season on a game by game basis that count nothing to do with our points total last.
I’m not the one who said PL safety is the aim. If he loses 19 points then he’s utter disgrace of a manager. His job is to adapt to what’s in front of him, if he can’t he’s not good enough

It’s really that simple

I actually caveat the above with, I genuinely thought Benitez would go balls deep for the cups, I think he is a good cup manager. or at least he was.

Two games down on the trot. Bentiez was said to be a master tactician that being the case how come certain players were left on the bench and the dreadful performance.

My faith in him is receding.

It looks like we're on course for the same menu as always. A boring mid table season, that will be over by the middle of January. In R A F A the kopite we trust.?

I think the main mistake last night was not playing Keane or mina, but that's hindsight for you, I don't know why we can't have a bit more balance in discussion

But that's why I'm so great

Status
Not open for further replies.