2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just luvvy nonsense mate.

So we should sack the manager and say appoint Conte - what happens if he rotates 2-3 does he not "not get it" and need legging as well?

The only guy I think who would "get it" is Big Dunc lets get him in would at least keep some happy when he first pumps us all the way to 14th.

It should be made clear to any manager we appoint that in a season where we have no european football, progression in cup competitions is priority, because WE NEED TO WIN SOMETHING.

Why are so insistent on defending a manager who lost to lower league opposition? Did you defend Silva when he lost to Millwall? Did you defend Ancelotti when he lost to their reserves?

The manager failed and he should be on a final warning.

It should be made clear to any manager we appoint that in a season where we have no european football, progression in cup competitions is priority, because WE NEED TO WIN SOMETHING.

Why are so insistent on defending a manager who lost to lower league opposition? Did you defend Silva when he lost to Millwall? Did you defend Ancelotti when he lost to their reserves?

Agree.

It should be a non negotiable from the DoF.

No taking the piss with selection in cup games.

Oh what a few days I’ve missed.

Amazing catching up with the reads. So to summarise, Big Bad Frey Bentos is:
  • A tactical genius outwitted by QPR, but it’s not his fault because injuries n’that
  • Expected to get a draw against Norwich and that will be considered a great result
  • Expected to deliver a 14th place finish and that will be considered a success
  • Brought Alex Iwobi to world class status last week
Excuse.com is in full swing

The consequence, IMO, is he's lost more goodwill than he'll perhaps appreciate. Certainly with me.

Often his PR team have banged the drum he will 'get' the club because of his connections to the city. Evidently, that wasn't on show when taking the piss with his selection against Huddersfield and more so QPR.

This club needs a trophy. Benitez needs points. They shouldn't be exclusive but it was shown to be last night. He's decided to knock the league cup on the head. No Everton manager should be allowed to do that. Approaching 27 bloody years.

I've been muted with my opinion on him. I wasn't totally against Benitez, I tried to take a pragmatic view - Ancelotti left is in the lurch and who else and I didn't want to add to the pile on...

But now, after last night...

Let him take the flak in a season the club have wrote off. When we've got the capacity to spend, we should give it to a manager who the whole fanbase can unite behind. Whether we like it our not, a decent proportion of good blues will just never get behind him. It was the same at Chelsea, he done alright there but a Chelsea fan on here was saying their fanbase was always at each other while he was in charge.

Any manager we have - in Moshiri's own words in 2019;

"Look, Everton is a very, very difficult job in football because you’re two home losses from being disowned by fans"

... But with Benitez, he's a few games from it turning very nasty.

Even when we're winning, there's an air of discontent. Fans are waiting to stick the knife in, others are waiting to start on other fans win, lose or draw.

The fella should be binned the minute it's right for Everton. Not when it becomes desperate.
He sees the squad on a daily basis,he knows that staying in the Prem isn't going to be easy. Think he's just being pragmatic. To make a decent fist of the cups you need squad depth.

This is just luvvy nonsense mate.

So we should sack the manager and say appoint Conte - what happens if he rotates 2-3 does he also "not get it" and need legging as well?

The only guy I think who would "get it" is Big Dunc lets get him in would at least keep some happy when he first pumps us all the way to 14th.
The only person who wants to Fist pump 14th is your co-manager worshiping mate who considers it success , which frankly I think is bizarre .

Walk away from it them Tim. Because it's what we are. Do you think we would win the cup regardless. Because once we meet one of the top teams near the end we get beat anyway like the last few seasons. And it's not just city rotated. Every single team does it. Bar none. Hey even qpr rotated 3 or 4..
I think we should at least try.

I also think we can and have beaten the likes of the so called top 6 previously so why should we worry about who we may face in future games, play who is in front of you and then move on to the next game.

Rotation is fine but in respect of last night he basically said "this team aren't good enough to see me through the season so I will forfeit this match, by "resting" players"

I want to win every game, regardless and NO manager, Carlo, Martinez, Kendall etc etc should ever go into a game thinking "we may lose, but its ok!" clearly last night he wasnt assed about the Cup, that is not acceptable on any level for a Club with aspirations that we have.

To play Devils Advocate, on paper we "Should" have had enough against a team that rested 3 or 4 players too, but clearly we didnt, we were beaten by the better team and he did nothing to change it or instill any faith or belief to the fans that he wanted to win a trophy.

Its not much to ask for the fans to ask that the teams manager wants the team to Win a trophy too but who didnt as he was "protecting" for the rest of the season, our Board should never accept this mindset.

Absolutely, don't get me wrong I will not be falling for that. He shouldn't be here, I just don't have a great deal of hate anymore - very meh, but he won't have long if he carries on like this for a lot of people who still hate him - it will be Nasty very very quickly
And if it does get nasty who profits?
Do we really need a toxic Goodison ?

Its easier to say that as a supporter which you're arguing from. We are not Man City or Chelsea you are more likely to get hit by a bus than see Everton lift a domestic trophy these days mate thats just reality of where EFC is these days.

Im not saying you shouldn't aim to win a trophy but do you think the likes of Wolves or West Ham fans are acting like this whenever they go out of a competition? No because they dont still believe they are living in the past and know where their club is.

Until this club is good enough to be qualifying for Europe and actually has a solid squad then forget seeing us win trophies we're not good enough its that simple. I dont care if we get knocked out in the 3rd round or the semi final the history books only remember the winners and we miles off that level.

If people dont like Benitez thats fine but dont hide behind one off defeats as a reason to stick the knife in as ultimately he has a crap squad with half our best players injured and/or not fit in the cases of Allan, Godfrey & Rondon.

Status
Not open for further replies.