2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nothing to do with measuring up to Ancelotti, that's a bit ridiculous tbh as Carlo has been a bit past it for a while now and I certainly never wanted him, and for the record I did'nt want Potter either. I will always support my club and I will always support the players but that does'nt mean I have to like the manager though. I can appreciate what he is doing, he seems to have a bit of a plan and the players certainly seem a bit fitter and it's good to see after a succession of managers who have just basically tried to blag it, but none of that is going to make me like him as he is just not a likable individual.

The fans chased Alladyce out and we got Silva who made us even worse

They'll try do it again with Benitez just wait until Howe gets his hands on this squad hello Championship.

Huh?

I wont be making excuses for him.

Nor, you might have noticed, will I be giving him abuse over last night, unlike a lot of others.

I will judge the fella in May, like any sane person should, if he finishes 14th, I want him sacked as a matter of urgency, thankfully Moshiri sacks people for finishing 12th, like that other clown from Spain we had. Im expecting him to at least match what Carlo did with lesser players, which was to stay in the hunt for top 4 for 90% of the season. If he does that well he can get another season, if not im sure some team in Qatar will bump up his pension for him.
These are different times at Everton: big spending Everton gets a manager sacked if they fail to get above 14th, this more prudent Everton doesn't.

That's the new reality.

You know in your heart of hearts that Benitez has this season as a gimme as long as he doesn't have us in a relegation fight...which is highly unlikely.

But we’re not and I still think he’s incompetent
...and youlre in a very small minority.

You're hammering your head against a brick wall attacking Benitez as incompetent. Ancelotti was the same. He wasn't incompetent, he just wasn't arsed. Benitez very much is arsed and he'll outshine that Italian fraud by some distance here.

I didn't say he wasn't spot on, and my initial comment in no way criticised Benitez.

He's the senior writer at the BBC yet got uppity because someone pointed out Benitez oversaw our transfer business this year, while I also made it clear that all that does was surely put Brands' position under even more doubt?

Its because he's probably sick of seeing fans crying on social media acting as if the club were in administration when we are 6th in the table building a world class stadia.

We've become so entitled.

I didn't say he wasn't spot on, and my initial comment in no way criticised Benitez.

He's the senior writer at the BBC yet got uppity because someone pointed out Benitez oversaw our transfer business this year, while I also made it clear that all that does was surely put Brands' position under even more doubt?
For me it’s that start of what Frey Bentos does; his journo mates get the little insights from the club and then there’s anarchy at the club

He’s done it everywhere

Its because he's probably sick of seeing fans crying on social media acting as if the club were in administration when we are 6th in the table building a world class stadia.

We've become so entitled.
His initial tweet said it's Brands who needs to take the blame for Everton being crap (fair enough)

He hasn't even had the decency to reply to my response to his uppity tweet, even though at no point did I even suggest Benitez was to blame.

...and youlre in a very small minority.

You're hammering your head against a brick wall attacking Benitez as incompetent. Ancelotti was the same. He wasn't incompetent, he just wasn't arsed. Benitez very much is arsed and he'll outshine that Italian fraud by some distance here.
If we’re still in the chase for CL qualification in March I’ll declare Frey Bentos a better manager.

For me it’s that start of what Frey Bentos does; his journo mates get the little insights from the club and then there’s anarchy at the club

He’s done it everywhere

Oh 100%

I said when that Joyce piece was released, and it was basically an up-Benitez's-bum sycophantic rant.

Look, I actually quite like Rafael the man and think he knows what Everton needs. I know it's not his fault we're in this mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.