Match Thread Everton v Norwich City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the bits I’ve seen of them on MOTD Norwich look to be one of the poorest promoted teams I’ve seen for a long while. Even with injuries, we really shouldn’t struggle against them.
Oh man, well I have genuinely never once placed a bet against the Toffees, in my 54 years, was always a "frowned upon" action in our house but this has made my mind up, that and my mate winning near 800 notes last night on a 2-2 result and QPR through on pens!! This has "Everton That" written all over it and the odds for a Norwich win are 11-2 or 24-5.

I cant say I disagree either, Norwich look pish

I think you may well have Everton That with this summary fella! :cool:

*finger hovers over the place bet button..........

Love your optimism and hope you're right. What would be your opinion if we get beat?
I'd see it as poor - even with the attack out I'd expect 3 points here against a terrible team.

We have home advantage and players like Gray and Townsend bang in form. I said last night we also need to see our CBs weighing in from set pieces.

I think we win this very comfortably 3-0....1-0 will also be welcome.

------------------------Begovic-----------------------------

---------Mina--------Keane----------Holgate-------------

Kenny-------Allan----------Doucoure--------------Digne

---------Townsend----Rondon------Gray-----------------
When has 3 (or 5 depending on how you look at it) ever worked for us? If he plays on odd number at the back we'll be in trouble.

He was hopeless tonight. Iwobi did better at right back last year.

(This is not me suggesting iwobi should play full back on Saturday. Just an observation)
Davies did better at right back two years ago. I dont think Kenny brings anything to the team going forward or defending. Another one of our players we cannot sell.

I'd see it as poor - even with the attack out I'd expect 3 points here against a terrible team.

We have home advantage and players like Gray and Townsend bang in form. I said last night we also need to see our CBs weighing in from set pieces.

I think we win this very comfortably 3-0....1-0 will also be welcome.
Do you think Norwich are worse or better than QPR?

Must win, but ffs why are we the only team in the league with an injury crisis already? Absolute joke and it’s cost us yet another trophy because we can’t keep anyone fit for any amount of time for even one season.

If we dont win God help us with the tsunami of bed wetting that will wash us good souls away.

DCL and Richarlison we thrash them

No striker with a half fit Rondon & statue in between the sticks for us I can see a frustrating afternoon.

Shame the Utd game isn't this weekend with the Norwich one following when we could have had 1-2 back in the side.

If we dont win God help us with the tsunami of bed wetting that will wash us good souls away.

DCL and Richarlison we thrash them

No striker with a half fit Rondon & statue in between the sticks for us I can see a frustrating afternoon.

Shame the Utd game isn't this weekend with the Norwich one following when we could have had 1-2 back in the side.
The irony of this from the bedwetter-in-chief!

On last nights evidence Begovic Kenny Davies Holgate and Rondon should be no where near this team
I will therefore gamble

Lonergan
Godfrey Keane Mina Digne
Allan Doucoure Gomes
Townsend Gray Gordon

Norwich are superior to QPR and proved it last season.

We'll be focussed from the off on getting 3 points and turning to our best XI from the off too.
Over the course of a season I'd agree Norwich would be the better team but both last night and Saturday are one- off games. This is definitely a 'should win' but if we are 0-1 down at halftime again, then Goodison could become a tad unpleasant.

Begovic
Holgate Mina Godfrey Digne
Allan
Doucoure Iwobi
Townsend Simms Gray
It was very hard to include some of those players into that line up - christ we are bad

Status
Not open for further replies.