Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aarons is a good player tbf. Norwich are just atrociously bad.

Don't remember Digne getting any joy down the left on Saturday and Aarons skinned him once or twice too.

I wouldn't have paid £30m for him like but still.

Emerson - he's a good attacking full-back but is a properly awful defender.

Feel the same on Aarons. Do you think Norwich would lower the fee down to £20mil in Jan?

Emerson looked class both ways for betis...i think hes going to struggle under Nuno though.

Needs to play in a team where he has more freedom to attack.

Feel the same on Aarons. Do you think Norwich would lower the fee down to £20mil in Jan?

Emerson looked class both ways for betis...i think hes going to struggle under Nuno though.

I doubt it mate. They'll sell him in the summer. He's under contract until 2024.

It's a different kettle of fish in LaLiga, though. He's a big lad, so in that league if you've got that physicality defensively it gives you an edge. You don't have that in the PL.

I suppose we just have to get the balance right. Our full-backs aren't exactly been told to bomb on at every chance now, so maybe we need to go for a more defensively assured RB?

How the club spread the liabilities in a contract must be related to the payment terms? If you have to pay the full value up front, then that must go straight on the PL account surely because it is capital straight out of the business.

I know you can spread depreciation over a few years, but expenditure hits when it hits.
Most transfer fees are paid over the length of the contract
PSG famously arrived at La Liga’s office with a cheque for 200m to sign Neymar but that’s how it works in general

I would say come January, Norwich will have picked up under 10 points so will they cash in early or hold off knowing their valuation of Aarons will not be damaged.

He is and will be a good right back just in a bad team. If he played for us, he would look better because we have better players.

Emerson looks like he has been pushed into the deep end. Spurs paid £22m for him which is a fair value given his age and potential. He is a good player but like Aarons, not in that squad.

Still think Dumfries would have been perfect but hey ho

They over priced him out of a move arrons , with other teams having bought a rb wont be to many looking at him now. Didnt really see anything on saturday from him at all that made me want us to go back in for him

Most transfer fees are paid over the length of the contract
PSG famously arrived at La Liga’s office with a cheque for 200m to sign Neymar but that’s how it works in general
It’s more to do with the fact that players are considered an ‘asset’ that depreciates over time. So the cost of the player is offset on the accounts with an increase of value in assets, this is then depreciated over the length of the contest - I think?

I think we will be signing players in January given our lack of spending in the summer despite late bids for Patterson, Maitland-Niles and Diaz plus James' wages off the books, we are in a healthier position.

Come January we will also have players in their final 6 months:
"Alleged No 10" - £100k
Kenny - £15/20k
Delph - £80k
Tosun - £60k
Begovic - £20k

So hopefully we can move a few on for undisclosed fees.

For me a midfielder is even more crucial than a right back. Holgate or Godfrey covering Coleman whilst not ideal doesn’t completely destroy the team. What does ruin us is Davies coming into midfield especially if it’s due to a Docuoure injury. Allan plus Gomes/Davies is far too slow l, and Docuoure plus either of those two isn’t much better. We need another quick midfielder to take the burden off those two starters. One who is fit and available as well not like Gbamin and Delph.

United being linked with Mukiele at RB Leipzig as back up for Wan Bissaka. Exactly the sort of RB we should be after - French 23 year old, great athlete, tackles everything on his side of the pitch and contract ends in 2023 so price shouldn't be ridiculous. Perhaps not most creative but for me top requirement of RB is to defend. I suspect Rafael thinks along same lines.

For me a midfielder is even more crucial than a right back. Holgate or Godfrey covering Coleman whilst not ideal doesn’t completely destroy the team. What does ruin us is Davies coming into midfield especially if it’s due to a Docuoure injury. Allan plus Gomes/Davies is far too slow l, and Docuoure plus either of those two isn’t much better. We need another quick midfielder to take the burden off those two starters. One who is fit and available as well not like Gbamin and Delph.
Sean Longstaff

United being linked with Mukiele at RB Leipzig as back up for Wan Bissaka. Exactly the sort of RB we should be after - French 23 year old, great athlete, tackles everything on his side of the pitch and contract ends in 2023 so price shouldn't be ridiculous. Perhaps not most creative but for me top requirement of RB is to defend. I suspect Rafael thinks along same lines.

He’s bang average.

…I thought Aaron’s did ok against us, certainly one of their better performers but I would like to think we could do better for less.

Status
Not open for further replies.