2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

That squad outside Digne, Richarlison, Doucoure, DCL (and at the moment Townsend and Gray) is not fit for purpose. It matters not one jot how much was spent on putting it together. Benitez inhereted a mess. Everyone know that.

This is a major rebuilding job here.
Twas the same for Ancelotti mate, yet many of those who were hanging him out to dry when things went pearshaped due to the injuries can't get far enough up Benitezs hoop now?! Zero consistency.

Doucoure, Allan and James were very good last year - before the injuries.

Townsend and gray have been great this year, with the Duke, Allan and Mina for me.

Lets hope we get a fair shake of the injuries this season and we will do ok.

I want Everton to do well, and we've made an ok start under Benitez, but I don't think I'll ever like the fella or his brand of football.

Doesn't mean I want Everton to get beat or that I can't admire what Benitez hopefully achieves with us.

Twas the same for Ancelotti mate, yet many of those who were hanging him out to dry when things went pearshaped due to the injuries can't get far enough up Benitezs hoop now?! Zero consistency.

Doucoure, Allan and James were very good last year - before the injuries.

Townsend and gray have been great this year, with the Duke, Allan and Mina for me.

Lets hope we get a fair shake of the injuries this season and we will do ok.

I want Everton to do well, and we've made an ok start under Benitez, but I don't think I'll ever like the fella or his brand of football.

Doesn't mean I want Everton to get beat or that can't admire what Benitez hopefully achieves with us.

Works both ways that mate - I seem to remember quite a few of the loudest anti Benitez posters on here chasing GwladysBlue off the site for his none stop moaning about Carlo............

Disliking our manager is something that isn't new to us, it's one of the main that sets up apart from the RS. They revere their managers as some sort of God-like figure who isn't ever wrong and is immune to all criticism. We view ours as just some bloke we pay to run the football team, will we heck ever worship him.

Catterick was meant to be a very horrible bloke, yet for he's our best manager ever for me. No one holds him up as some perfect figure but we do demand the media show him more respct for his achievements.

Point being you can dislike a coach but the support the side, just be fair with it.

Disliking our manager is something that isn't new to us, it's one of the main that sets up apart from the RS. They revere their managers as some sort of God-like figure who isn't ever wrong and is immune to all criticism. We view ours as just some bloke we pay to run the football team, will we heck ever worship him.

You're kidding right?

Especially on here we ALWAYS put the manager on a pedestal at first

The Martinez Cult, The Koemanista's, Big Sam's Boys, The Silva Support club

Even Brands was treated as some kind of a deity at first

It doesn't last, but our fan base is more than happy to go balls deep into the manager when times are good, especially on here

You're kidding right?

Especially on here we ALWAYS put the manager on a pedestal at first

The Martinez Cult, The Koemanista's, Big Sam's Boys, The Silva Support club

Even Brands was treated as some kind of a deity at first

It doesn't last, but our fan base is more than happy to go balls deep into the manager when times are good, especially on here
That's a mental image I didn't need. Thanks.

Wish people would get a grip saying we only spent £1.7m, yes we did but how much did the rest of the squad cost to assemble. Cherry picking for points in the cult wars.
Not we. Benitez has only spent 1.7. The money we pissed against the wall over the years is not relevant.

If he had waisted the 1.7 that would be a point to make but with gray and townsend looking if we where to sell them now we'd make a profit.

Ye know them two players who you said are garbage and will be terrible signings. .and still stood by it 2 weeks ago.

Astonishing achievement considering our previous transfer activity.

Oh and :bye:

You went legging it for weeks after our last tangle you initiated.

Status
Not open for further replies.