2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm quietly very happy with what's been done so far. He knew the financial constraints when he joined but he's done really, really well to gamble on Townsend and Gray and it's really paid off. One more game, hopefully, without our two strikers and then we have a more of less full squad after the international break. Godfrey needs a little more time to get up to speed, I think, and obviously Coleman will be back shortly too. I think the signs are there that we can have a very positive first half to the season. We'll need reinforcements in January and Benitez has already publicly said there will be money to spend - I hope he wasn't bluffing. I prefer it when we are the underdogs anyway, didn't really like the media and our fans getting carried away with Ancelotti, James and our start to last season. Let's just chip away, get to January, and reassess.

I usually vote for Crab Iwobi, 99.99% of the time because I feel sorry for him. Terrible player but seems a friendly fella. In that regard, Everton is the ideal club for him...it’s a family club where performance is secondary to arohanui (ie love). Similarly with Salomon: awful footballer but seems a nice bloke...with those attributes, he should be at Everton a long time

All this untrained American eye sees so far about this Everton squad is, absent Richarlison and DCL and with a Gordo Venezolano up front it's still more attacking in intent and more pleasing to the eye than the latter half of last season.

Fully recognize some will stop reading after the first 4-6 words. Probably rightly so.
if you sat through last season and still want to stick around then you've passed the initiation with flying colours, cos I've not seen anything that bad in a generation.

I just find it odd - that + your dislike of the manager + your obsession over the 1 defeat in 6 league games.

All adds up to something a bit unsavoury.
What obsession, I have barely mentioned the Villa game? I am disappointed at the side we put out against QPR because I enjoy a cup run, but you are once again misrepresenting my posting history. I have said on numerous occasions, and will do so again here, that Benitez has had a good start. I won't be fawning over him like some mooning teenager like you, but that isn't the same thing as, to use your word, behaving in an "unsavoury" manner. Do you ever get tired of lying about people on here?

What obsession, I have barely mentioned the Villa game? I am disappointed at the side we put out against QPR because I enjoy a cup run, but you are once again misrepresenting my posting history. I have said on numerous occasions, and will do so again here, that Benitez has had a good start. I won't be fawning over him like some mooning teenager like you, but that isn't the same thing as, to use your word, behaving in an "unsavoury" manner. Do you ever get tired of lying about people on here?
Agreed, if there's one chap the Boss can depend on when the knives are out, it's Windy Miller.

We haven't won a trophy in 26 years

No europe in 5 years

Yet YOU expect us to regularly finish above teams who regularly qualify for Europe and in cases such as Leicester and Arsenal have won numerous trophies in recent years.

Your bitterness over the manager has turned you into a rabid dog with no sense of reality, frothing at the mouth at anyone who speaks truth.

And the sad thing is you're not the only one who's head has sizzled off these past few months.
Oh Jimmy, you're going on off on one again I see. I haven't expressed any expectations for European qualification or cup wins (go and have another look, you won't fins anything. Again.). Nor have I been frothing at the mouth, yet you literally have a picture of a man frothing at the mouth as your avatar, which is amusing. What I expect is ambition from the club, from the manager and from the fans, something that you are sorely lacking in.

Oh Jimmy, you're going on off on one again I see. I haven't expressed any expectations for European qualification or cup wins (go and have another look, you won't fins anything. Again.). Nor have I been frothing at the mouth, yet you literally have a picture of a man frothing at the mouth as your avatar, which is amusing. What I expect is ambition from the club, from the manager and from the fans, something that you are sorely lacking in.

I have nothing wrong with ambition - the clubs ambition should always be top 7 and europe.

But the expectation of that is the problem for many reasons - you dont sack a manager for not finishing top 7 in our position.

The club needs stability now and stability is what we will get. The sooner you all join us and unite the better it will be for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.