2021/22 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree but in practice I believe it is very hard to persuade a player to agree and to get the insurance to cough up.the dough.
The reality is that if there is a payout and the player recovers fitness at some stage in the future he will have to repay all monies paid out.
3 seasons = 3 games will he recover????????

Agree but in practice I believe it is very hard to persuade a player to agree and to get the insurance to cough up.the dough.
The reality is that if there is a payout and the player recovers fitness at some stage in the future he will have to repay all monies paid out.

The old Rick Rude situation

Had to retire due to a bad back, collected Lloyds of London policy, decided he wanted to return but couldn't afford to pay it back so it never happened

I'm pretty certain the insurance company will be as difficult about it as possible in order to avoid having to pay out

He needs to really want to retire too, and he might not
Exactly.
Put yourself in JPGs position.
What does he gain by agreeing to medically retire?
Yes he gets his contact paid up but he will get that money if he stays in the Everton physio room anyway.
And if he does fancy a comeback in the future he couldn't do so without repaying the insurance pay out.

I suspect that the only way this would ossobly happen is if Everton offered him a wedge from their payout to make it worth his while.
Christian Erikson is likely to have a similar decision fairly soon.

There probably comes a time when the club could claim , I would guess that would be covered in the policy.
I would expect that most players would cling to the hope of getting fit again even if the reality is that it will never happen.

I don't think JPG is at that level yet though.

There probably comes a time when the club could claim , I would guess that would be covered in the policy.
I would expect that most players would cling to the hope of getting fit again even if the reality is that it will never happen.

I don't think JPG is at that level yet though.

We did a deal with Bilic where he left due to his injuries.

Then he popped up back playing in Croatia not long after.

At the end of the day all the club can do is make a settlement offer for a % of his wages and hope he accepts.

He isn't agreeing to cancelling this contract for anything less that 95% of what is left and don't blame him either. He's not going to get another big contract because he is finished if that is the situation so he will want the lot. If he's not finished then he will play again. There us no way the club punts another load on wages for nothing if there is a chance he plays again. I think give him until after internationals hopefully he will be back on the bench. He will be here until summer 2023 at least as I can't see anyone buying him with that injury record he will need at least a season injury free before anyone at any level will take a punt.

He doesnt have a career-ending injury, so im not sure why people are discussing insurance here yano.

I mean he missed the last game with toothache, good job getting Shiela's wheels to pay out on that lads.

I don't think he has either I still hope he can be fifth choice of seven at the start of next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.