2021/22 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the little I saw of him in preseason he almost looked to be too muscular and immobile to play in midfield.
Originally it was suggested he might play centre half and I think that might be the only position for him now, if he ever gets fit.

Because he's been here 2 and a half seasons (half way into his contract) and played about 2 games.

He's draining the club but also he's damaging his body long term trying to get upto the physical standard of the toughest league in the world when its clear his body can't handle it.

If he had any sense/decency once he's fit he terminates his contract - the club get an earner off the books and he either joins a lower league / european side on a free transfer or gives up football and focuses on a new career that doesn't have his body breaking down every other week.

If he has to retire through injury, would the club be compensayed by an insurance policy we presumably took out when we signed him?

Or would that have been too sensible a precaution for this shower to take?

From the little I saw of him in preseason he almost looked to be too muscular and immobile to play in midfield.
Originally it was suggested he might play centre half and I think that might be the only position for him now, if he ever gets fit.
It happened to Anichebe,after the injury at Newcastle he hit the weights and was never the same player.

If he has to retire through injury, would the club be compensayed by an insurance policy we presumably took out when we signed him?

Or would that have been too sensible a precaution for this shower to take?

Both he and the club will have insurance covering their own side of things.

Even in park footy, the players have to have basic insurance to cover some of their wages if they get injured.

He has played CB for his last team.?

I can’t think of another player in recent history that’s had an injury record quite like him. Only maybe Wilshere comes close. Two seasons out injured, even the likes of Carroll and Dean Ashton managed 15 games a season.
Wasn't through injury, but Winston bogarde's time at Chelsea was quite infamous. 12 appearances in 4 years and refused to leave, despite being told he wasn't wanted. Was happy to just sit on the bench and take his salary.

Get rid of him in the same way, would we miss him?
Agree but in practice I believe it is very hard to persuade a player to agree and to get the insurance to cough up.the dough.
The reality is that if there is a payout and the player recovers fitness at some stage in the future he will have to repay all monies paid out.

Status
Not open for further replies.