Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know numbers, but I wouldn't have thought it would be more than 30 mil.
Be less will be 20 mill at a push likely tosun to sit out his deal or the club to pay him out, same with kenny club finding it hard to move on both likely to move on a free and see deals out here similar to besic

Just any numbers on us being able to spend mate.

I might be wrong, but its my understanding the numbers go over 3 year stretches, so I cant see it getting much better any time soon.
Just any numbers on us being able to spend mate.

I might be wrong, but its my understanding the numbers go over 3 year stretches, so I cant see it getting much better any time soon.
My thinking would be getting shut of James won't allow us to suddenly be able to spend cash mate, but it frees up space to be able to pay wages - meaning we can now structure deals more like you have seen across Europe - loans with obligation to buy in one or two years which the payment is effectively delayed to help with the FPP regulations.

Deals such as the one we have done with Juve for Kean also tie in with that. We can effectively "buy" knowing the payment would not factor Into fpp for the current period we have all the huge spending leftovers remaining from the last few seasons.

We're clear of our restraints now. We're in the green for January to spend again. Just not majorly unless we sell some big players. By the summer we'll be free to spend big.
I’m not sure that is true. Wh have posted £240m losses in the last two years. Those losses are still there for a rolling three year period. My understanding is that we were close to falling foul until Rodriguez left.

We may have a little headroom, but I wouldn't Expect big expenditure.

Be less will be 20 mill at a push likely tosun to sit out his deal or the club to pay him out, same with kenny club finding it hard to move on both likely to move on a free and see deals out here similar to besic

The club won't be paying Tosun out, they will allow him to leave in a free transfer just to get his wages off the books.
I haven't heard about us trying to force Kenny out.

I’m not sure that is true. Wh have posted £240m losses in the last two years. Those losses are still there for a rolling three year period. My understanding is that we were close to falling foul until Rodriguez left.

We may have a little headroom, but I wouldn't Expect big expenditure.

Exactly as I said, we won't spend majorly and it is basically 1 out, 1 in.

We could potentially have enough to bring in say a VDB. Depending on who else goes.

We are chasing Patterson too.

My thinking would be getting shut of James won't allow us to suddenly be able to spend cash mate, but it frees up space to be able to pay wages - meaning we can now structure deals more like you have seen across Europe - loans with obligation to buy in one or two years which the payment is effectively delayed to help with the FPP regulations.

Deals such as the one we have done with Juve for Kean also tie in with that. We can effectively "buy" knowing the payment would not factor Into fpp for the current period we have all the huge spending leftovers remaining from the last few seasons.

Good to see you posting again mate, hope all is well ;)

Yes I share that evaluation. We cleared a lot of wages, but little on fees. The good news is, there will be lots of options available on loan this winter and probably next summer. There is an over supply of players and clubs are struggling to offload. I know people assume that players who are discarded are rubbish, but that's not always the case, Gray and Townsend prove this.

I just felt in more general terms, if we were talking FFP I cannot see us being in a position to have a spending splurge in January. I'd estimate we would have broken the rules this summer and didn't bring enough in.

Re Kean, do you know if his end transfer can be counted this year?

I suspect one of DCL/Richarlison will leave for a big fee, that will essentially bring us back under P & L rules, and we will use the 30-40m or so we are under to spread deals over 4 years (alongside some of what you have said) so thus spending anywhere from 100-150m next summer.

Yes I share that evaluation. We cleared a lot of wages, but little on fees. The good news is, there will be lots of options available on loan this winter and probably next summer. There is an over supply of players and clubs are struggling to offload. I know people assume that players who are discarded are rubbish, but that's not always the case, Gray and Townsend prove this.

I just felt in more general terms, if we were talking FFP I cannot see us being in a position to have a spending splurge in January. I'd estimate we would have broken the rules this summer and didn't bring enough in.

I suspect one of DCL/Richarlison will leave for a big fee, that will essentially bring us back under P & L rules, and we will use the 30-40m or so we are under to spread deals over 4 years (alongside some of what you have said) so thus spending anywhere from 100-150m next summer.
Richie will go for me, I think DCL will be around for a while yet.

No Idea about Kean mate but I suspect not, in a way that's good as it'll mean his book value when he leaves will see us make a huge profit in fpp terms due to amortisation.

DCL I don't see leaving, think he fits the system perfectly, is young enough to still have that "big" move come in a few years plus the interest seems to not be from the types of club it'd be a obvious step up in terms of winning major trophies etc.

Richy yeah I can see leaving but only if a really big offer comes in from one if the very biggest sides, I don't think he'll agitate for a move though - especially if the club continues to improve

No Idea about Kean mate but I suspect not, in a way that's good as it'll mean his book value when he leaves will see us make a huge profit in fpp terms due to amortisation.

DCL I don't see leaving, think he fits the system perfectly, is young enough to still have that "big" move come in a few years plus the interest seems to not be from the types of club it'd be a obvious step up in terms of winning major trophies etc.

Richy yeah I can see leaving but only if a really big offer comes in from one if the very biggest sides, I don't think he'll agitate for a move though - especially if the club continues to improve

I just think we get to a point where someone may need to be sacrificed to allow for a spending spree. The 1st 2 years big spend were partially allowed because of the sales of Stones/Lukaku. It makes sense to make that move.

DCL fits what Benitez wants to a tee, so I do agree with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.