2021/22 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way we move Gbamin on is if he stays fit until January. If he stays fit until then he's likely to become first back up so unlikely he will be allowed to leave. If he stays fit and doesn't get above Gomes, Davies and Delph he must be pretty poor and no one will want him. Our best bet is keep him and hope that's his bad injuries over with and he becomes a viable rotation option with Allan and Doucoure or gives us the option of playing a very powerful midfield 3. I'm hoping its the final option as 4-3-3 is my preferred formation for many of our players.

Please sell, not loan, sell.
He will have to get some games first. No one will make an offer without him getting some game time. If you take an optimistic viewpoint, he’s been out so long that it may take time for him to be ready to play in the Premier League. And more pessimistic view is that the injuries have limited his performance, or he was never that good in the first place.

It will be incredibly frustrating if his Everton career turns out to be a few years on the treatment table and nothing else. I'd hoped that he was going to live up to the expectations.

If taking his time slowly to get himself fully ready, mentally as well as physically, is what it takes to make sure he actually has a career then it's the right call from the the club and JPG.

Yes, mate. It would be interesting to not only get to see him in a DM role but also to see whether the talk of him transitioning to some super CB had any merit.
I’ve a lot of sympathy for the lad but he’s missed 2 years of development. I suppose you have to wonder whether he’ll ever reach his pre-injury potential now. And he’s yet to prove he can actually string a few games together without getting injured.

Been a desperately unfortunate situation for him and the club.

He was bought 3 managers ago, i just wonder is he now part of this managers plans, replacing The Duke and Allan is a tough gig, though no doubt we will pick up injuries.

If he goes out on loan i think thats an indication hes done, plans wise here.

Status
Not open for further replies.