2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not pedalling lies. I'm not saying Benitez was given enough money. He was simply given the freedom to spend the little we had and at the end of the window we created some wiggle room but couldn't get the deals done.

Benitez knew what he was getting into in terms of FFP, so it won't have been a shock to him, that was my point.

Wasn't like he rocked up expecting £60m to be spent.

It is his fault, but simultaneously it's not his fault we don't have a pot to piss in and his only financially viable option was a fat retiree from China on a free.

It's a gamble that spectacularly hasn't paid off and never should have been made, but a gamble nevertheless.

Today, and the shambles in recent years, is on Moshiri and Brands. Brands in particular should be out of a job blatantly.

For a manager who "knows the league" surely he could have made some calls on selling players this summer to generate more funds??

All hes focused on was punting out James and getting in Rondon near the end of the window.

Surely he would know which players were unwanted?!

He did our defence didnt need tinkered with. Godfrey and Digne have had the greatness coached out of them by this tit.

Hes totally destroyed our defensive setup under Ancelotti.

Its amazing how much damage hes done.

I hate Everton. Actually hate them. I hate football. I'm only still here out of a morbid habit, like I was watching wrestling until I couldn't do it anymore.

There's nothing to like or support about Everton and hasn't been in years. The owner is an idiot, the staff are a joke, the players are actually horrible - I genuinely, wholeheartedly hate more Everton players than Liverpool ones, easily.

This forum is the best thing about the whole club by a mile.

He was given full control of every transfer decision. Not how much we had to spend, I didn't say that. It's like you've purposefully misunderstood my point?

I'm not saying he's wasted the money. We weren't able to financially back him until late in the window and for whatever reason, couldn't get the deals done (Diaz, a right-back etc).

However, with the money we did have, he was given the autonomy on how to spend it. He wasn't convinced on Dumfries, and then we probably wouldn't have been able to buy at that stage when Inter came in any way. He didn't want to spend anything on AMN, only a loan (fine). He decided he wanted Rondon as Rondon was moved for in July, but Dalian turned it down as they wanted money.

So he has autonomy on the transfer dealings. All it does is make Brands' position more ridiculous.

We couldn't buy Dumfries, clearly. It was dependent on getting a fee for Kean or someone else, it dragged on all summer as we couldn't financially do it.

We couldn't buy anyone. Even Diaz it's pretty clear all we could do was offer instalments or a future fee to tie in to the Kean transfer.

With the restrictions in place, for Benitez to bring in two actual improvements to our first team out of three signings for a total of £2m is nothing short of a miracle. It's laughable to ignore Gray/Townsend and solely criticise him for Rondon.

He should never ever been appointed, he’s a washed up manager.

He’s ripped the only thing that was successful last year, our defensive organisation, for his zonal marking which has failed club after club

He has us sitting back and deep against the likes of Watford, at home, to hopefully hit them on the break

It was the saddest day in our history when he was appointed
He had one of the best defenses in the pl with his previous outing with rs, it has more to do with the options he has here, I have seen his defense with Newcastle, could say the back 4 there was way way better then he has ober
Our set pieces are an utter disgrace. He hasn't a clue with them just like his days at the reds.

Pathetic passive zonal style with zero organisation. Proper stubborn arrogance to change something that had worked well. He's not good enough to be our manager. Ancelotti to Benitez is like going from SAF to OGS.
Two champions league winners are not good enough? that's the most stubborn, and incompetent players I have ever seen. Why has Townsend and gray turned out to be the best players, how do they understand what Rafael expects from him, and not the rest. Give him time, one champions league winner could be washed up, not two.

For a manager who "knows the league" surely he could have made some calls on selling players this summer to generate more funds??

All hes focused on was punting out James and getting in Rondon near the end of the window.

Surely he would know which players were unwanted?!

Hes totally destroyed our defensive setup under Ancelotti.

Its amazing how much damage hes done.
Defence didnt even need touched.

Who is anyone? Thats the point. There is no one and that's on brands.
Its not on Brands. It's on Moshiri. Keeps sacking managers, keeps letting them bring their own players in and then leaves us with a mish mash of players.

Every issue with the club right now is on the owner. I think his heart is in the right place but he seems utterly clueless.

This new ground better be brilliant...

Status
Not open for further replies.