2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laughable thing is there would still he people who would say give him time/ give him a chance. He is not interested in Everton, we are just a nice short trip across the mersey and and easy pay out for him.

whys he not interested? Did you accuse Carlo of this? Koeman? Silva? Fat Sham?
Surely the motivation of working a nice short trip across the river would be incentive to be a success. What a ridiculous thing to say about a professional.

Laughable that people would want to give him time? Laughable that some people would support because they have a different opinion to you? Laughable because some people are willing to support because we are in the creek with no end in sight, possibly for years? IMO our support is part of the problem, no matter who is in charge. We turn far too easy as expectation is ridiculously high.

The longer he stays the more toxic it will become. I dont think he gives a damn about Everton, we are simply a last payday for him.
Yesterday is another step in illustrating exactly what the appointment is bringing and what its meant .

we had “he got a great reception when appointed “ , which just meant the crowd didn’t boo him en masse, since then we’ve not once sang his name once and it’s got progressively worse . This manager will never be accepted by the fanbase , whatever posters or polls tell you on here however by inexplicably deciding to die in a ditch for Rondon and presiding over a result like yesterday he appears willing to happily widen the rift .

as you say I personally don’t see this ever getting any better , I definitely hope im Wrong but it’s a worry .

he said he'd been watching us on his time off and knew about all the players so he was either lying or completely clueless which are the only explanations for picking keane every game.

First game hes lined up Keane at left sided centre back. That was something Ancelotti tried and quickly moved him to the right hand side.

He'd surely have seen that if he had watched us last season.

Yes I go along with that. I actually think we have to look at up to 2-2 and after 2-2 separately. And they are the 2 problems Benitez.

Up to 2-2 the issue is set pieces. I can see and accept an argument Mina helps. That it's not necessarily his zonal system, but the personnel within it that's the problem. I'm not saying I completely agree, but if you put Mina where Godfrey was for the West Ham and 1st goal yesterday, we probably dont concede. Whatever happens though, we have to get better at this.

The 2nd point, is a completely different discussion. Against Villa and yesterday we just collapse. People just seem to lose their heads. How are we leaving Keane 2 v 1 in a game we are drawing about 1 minute after conceding? Why are we trying to dribble out of our penalty box into 2 of our players? We just imploded. The manager really has to put an end to that.

I've watched some real dross over the years, but I have seen us implode, against such a poor opponent like that before. I've seen us lose by 5/6/7 before at places like Arsenal, Chelsea, United etc, but they were champions or title challengers.

Benitez needs to address these two things quite quickly. A lot of the other stuff is good. I think the Rondon stuff is a red herring. We are attacking well enough in general, but defensively there are some major issues.
I actually disagree regarding Rondon, i think his inclusion is critical to almost all of our woes. We have a man who is utterly ineffective, playing every minute of every game. His hold up play is nowhere, ditto his knock on’s, ditto any defensive contribution. He seems unable to jump for a header, is totally incapable of using his weight to push defenders around? So with him in we are immediately down to ten men in every single game.

I actually disagree regarding Rondon, i think his inclusion is critical to almost all of our woes. We have a man who is utterly ineffective, playing every minute of every game. His hold up play is nowhere, ditto his knock on’s, ditto any defensive contribution. He seems unable to jump for a header, is totally incapable of using his weight to push defenders around? So with him in we are immediately down to ten men in every single game.

Its worse than 10 men.

Our players have to move out of position to anticipate 'something' Rondon does.

The problem is that he never does it.

Oh look....... Top target of the day for our 5-2 loss is the manager......

Was Rafael in charge last year for our similarly embarrassing losses to Fulham and Sheff United?

Was he in charge the year before that for our embarrassing 5-2 loss to Liverpool?

No.... That was 2 different managers. It's just that we had the same undercurrent of cowards in our squad.

The character of the players is pathetic. So inconsistent in their application.

We got beat because we allowed Watford to outwork us, make the second balls, make the runs......

Can't keep firing managers whilst we have a core of pathetic players who could get a prime Alex Ferguson sacked.

says it all about our mentality, Watford go up against one of the best teams in the world, our neighbours, and get thrashed, and then come here and play like world-beaters. We on the other hand get squeaked past by our old manager, and then come here needing a win to get back to our best and instead we now look adrift in mid table after one of the worst performances I've ever seen.

Benitez is the best we'll get unless we can attract Conte or Nagelsman and that wasn't happening in the summer with no budget. Rafael is here to stay until Moshiri opens the purse strings again. A safe pair of hands until the ground move, even accounting for some bad days like yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.