2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop avoiding the question. Was Anthony Gordon not our most threatening player yesterday? The manager got it wrong, he deserves criticism for it. I don’t see what relevance Liverpool have to this conversation, or comparing Anthony Gordon to the best player in the world at the moment.

He’s so far out at sea in his support for Benitez there’s no rowing back for him. He’s all in at this point.

Stop avoiding the question. Was Anthony Gordon not our most threatening player yesterday? The manager got it wrong, he deserves criticism for it. I don’t see what relevance Liverpool have to this conversation, or comparing Anthony Gordon to the best player in the world at the moment.

Well Ped who was at the game didn't agree that the sub was wrong as Gordon was fading and I didn't agree that the sub was wrong either so assume a good portion of GP didn't either.

Just because a handful of Geordies are desperate to make Gordon something he isn't doesn't make the managers deicison wrong.

Richarlison comes on and scores in minutes - Gordon could have played 180 minutes and was never scoring.

Thats the difference - be annoyed at the sub fine but booing it? Come on thats embarrassing which our fans have been for months.

Singing about Carlo dying

Abusive banners aimed at the current manager

Calling for a managers head after losing a pre season game.

We're a banter club now and the neanderthals cant see it.

Because not answering questions or making vague rambling comments about other clubs or results from years ago appears to be the way to respond to valid criticism of a dreadful result .

There's too much to catch up on in this thread, but some obvious things that seem mad to me.

1. The obsession with the fans to blame zonal marking. Almost every club does this now or a half and half variant. It's not about zonal or man marking. It's about good and bad defending. Watch the goals that weren't set pieces. It's appalling. This doesn't excuse benitez, it is his job to get players to perform and tweak tactics as he goes to suit the players on the pitch. But zonal marking is not some bogeyman. In fact it is pretty much ubiquitous at the top of the game. And if that's the system, you can't just drop it and go "let's go man to man every time mina is out". It sometimes takes time to adjust to new systems. The lower quality of defender, the longer it will take for that system to become clockwork. The quality of Keane's performance is far more concerning than any discussion about zonal marking. £30m for the equivalent of a Sunday league level performance.

2. What is this nonsense about keeping James as a world class player? He's a effing bum who was once good at football. There are absolutely no world class players playing in Qatar. Stop imagining he would change this. Wonder more why not 1 team in the whole of Europe had any interest in him.

3. Substitutes. Do you really think benitez doesn't want to sub rondon off? He's awful. Of course he does. But he believes in a target man who plays with his back to goal to release pressure off defence in English football. It's part of how he sees the game needs to be played here, he's done it here throughout his career. Rondon has been a [Poor language removed] signing, but if someone said to you before benitez was appointed that the summer signings were to be a 1.7m player and 2 free transfers and there was a hit, an ok player and a poor one, you'd have snatched their hands off at that and instead would be pointing anger at what's happening at board level with either moshiri or brands.

All of these things seem like nothing more than sticks to beat benitez with. There's no need to pick on nonsense like this, sometimes results speak for themselves. Benitez had a solid start, but the wheels are starting to fall off and quickly and the clubs decision to hire him was always in the backdrop that benitez wouldn't have much support in the fan base. It should never be acceptable to concede 5 at home to Watford. Ever. Even if there's been someone sent off. And then to say I don't know what's happened. Why don't you know? if you don't know, well you are in the wrong job.
Brilliant post. Sanity amongst all the madness.

We have a squad of imposters. They could get any manager sacked.

Everton has mastered the art of signing "nice professionals"...... In normal speak they work to rule.

If you worked alongside this lot in an office - they would be in at 9 on the dot, when the demands get put on one person you find the others taking their full breaks, full lunches and leave on time. They would turn up for year end reviews with reasons as to why they should get a bonus.

complete and utter mercenaries.

Well Ped who was at the game didn't agree that the sub was wrong as Gordon was fading and I didn't agree that the sub was wrong either so assume a good portion of GP didn't either.

Just because a handful of Geordies are desperate to make Gordon something he isn't doesn't make the managers deicison wrong.

Richarlison comes on and scores in minutes - Gordon could have played 180 minutes and was never scoring.

Thats the difference - be annoyed at the sub fine but booing it? Come on thats embarrassing which our fans have been for months.

Abusive banners at the current manager

You thought taking off Gordon was the right decision ? You think Rondon should have played the 90 ? You wouldn’t have tried to go an extra man in the midfield at any stage ?

If Anthony Gordon is our biggest attacking threat with a grand total of 0 goals and 0 assists then doesn't that speak volumes of the quality of squad the manager has to work with?

Its not like Klopp taking Salah off is it?
He was doing well yesterday . The sub shouid have been Richy for the useless striker . Taking off somebody with legs for another with the pace of a gatepost is all on the manager .

Abusive banners aimed at the current manager

Another WUM post from you. Well done, this is some going.

It's the fans fault we lost 4 nil in the last 12 minutes. Obviously... how did I not realise this. How stupid of me.

There's too much to catch up on in this thread, but some obvious things that seem mad to me.

1. The obsession with the fans to blame zonal marking. Almost every club does this now or a half and half variant. It's not about zonal or man marking. It's about good and bad defending. Watch the goals that weren't set pieces. It's appalling. This doesn't excuse benitez, it is his job to get players to perform and tweak tactics as he goes to suit the players on the pitch. But zonal marking is not some bogeyman. In fact it is pretty much ubiquitous at the top of the game. And if that's the system, you can't just drop it and go "let's go man to man every time mina is out". It sometimes takes time to adjust to new systems. The lower quality of defender, the longer it will take for that system to become clockwork. The quality of Keane's performance is far more concerning than any discussion about zonal marking. £30m for the equivalent of a Sunday league level performance.

2. What is this nonsense about keeping James as a world class player? He's a effing bum who was once good at football. There are absolutely no world class players playing in Qatar. Stop imagining he would change this. Wonder more why not 1 team in the whole of Europe had any interest in him.

3. Substitutes. Do you really think benitez doesn't want to sub rondon off? He's awful. Of course he does. But he believes in a target man who plays with his back to goal to release pressure off defence in English football. It's part of how he sees the game needs to be played here, he's done it here throughout his career. Rondon has been a [Poor language removed] signing, but if someone said to you before benitez was appointed that the summer signings were to be a 1.7m player and 2 free transfers and there was a hit, an ok player and a poor one, you'd have snatched their hands off at that and instead would be pointing anger at what's happening at board level with either moshiri or brands.

All of these things seem like nothing more than sticks to beat benitez with. There's no need to pick on nonsense like this, sometimes results speak for themselves. Benitez had a solid start, but the wheels are starting to fall off and quickly and the clubs decision to hire him was always in the backdrop that benitez wouldn't have much support in the fan base. It should never be acceptable to concede 5 at home to Watford. Ever. Even if there's been someone sent off. And then to say I don't know what's happened. Why don't you know? if you don't know, well you are in the wrong job.
Some of that is fair however , and assuming you watched the game , point 3 is invalidated by the performance. I absolutely understand the desire to play a target man but if you watch what we sat through you genuinely may has well have played a grandfather clock or a fridge freezer up front as he added nothing . If you’re occupying the defenders the do it , if it’s an out ball you’re after then provide it . The performance, and previous performances invalidates what I think is a valuable point .

Another WUM post from you. Well done, this is some going.

It's the fans fault we lost 4 nil in the last 12 minutes. Obviously... how did I not realise this. How stupid of me.

I’ve criticised the fans plenty in the past, but I am glad we had 40,000 in the ground yesterday to give those cowards a piece of it, they’ve been getting away with phoning it in for too long with grounds empty.

Strawman arguments.

It's all he has, it's all he does.

If he actually made a valid point in any of his ramblings people wouldn't just laugh at him like some sort of village idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.