2021/22 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to apologise for claiming this feller could adapt into a right back a few weeks back.

It's now obvious he has zero talent for football.

The lad is stealing a living here. He can run....and I think that's about it. There isn't a football brain there.

Maybe rugby league was his calling like his dad?

Let me just get this straight, reading some of the guff above.

So after being one of our most consistent defenders/players last season, having a decent impact on the squad and team and being voted our "young" player of the season (even though he isn't a kid anymore?!?) Godfrey is now finished, hasn't got a football brain, needs booting asap as he doesn't have a future at the club?!?

Shocked with the slating Keane is getting. For anyone blaming Keane, first watch the richarlison goal and the great assist put in by Keane. Then watch the Watford equaliser where Godfrey totally misses his header. Then watch the goal to go in front for Watford where Godfrey is caught half way in the Watford half of the field in no man's land leaving Keane exposed 2 on 1, what's Keane supposed to do there? Then watch the the 4th goal where Godfrey loses the ball instead of clearing in his own area leading to the goal. Then watch the 5th goal and where is he? A centre back jogging back from no man's land again?

Please someone tell me why Keane is getting any blame? He was left exposed constantly by his teammate who didn't seem to know where to go

Shocked with the slating Keane is getting. For anyone blaming Keane, first watch the richarlison goal and the great assist put in my Keane. Then watch the Watford equaliser where Godfrey totally misses his header. Then watch the goal to go in front for Watford where Godfrey is caught half way in the Watford half of the field in no man's land leaving Keane exposed 2 on 1, what's Keane supposed to do there? Then watch the the 4th goal where Godfrey loses the ball instead of clearing in his own area leading to the goal. Then watch the 5th goal and where is he? A centre back jogging back from no man's land again?

Please someone tell me why Keane is getting any blame? He was left exposed constantly by his teammate who didn't seem to know where to go
They were both abysmal yesterday. How on earth can you blame one and not the other?

Godfrey has been abysmal all year yes, but Keane was awful yesterday too.

godfrey has been poor for a while (before he had covid too) but i think we can all agree (anyone with a brain anyway) that the one constant with all our embarrassing defending is a certain michael keane. should never start another game for the club.

I have to apologise for claiming this feller could adapt into a right back a few weeks back.

It's now obvious he has zero talent for football.

The lad is stealing a living here. He can run....and I think that's about it. There isn't a football brain there.

Maybe rugby league was his calling like his dad?
he's awful isn't he, it's almost like he forgets where he is

Let me just get this straight, reading some of the guff above.

So after being one of our most consistent defenders/players last season, having a decent impact on the squad and team and being voted our "young" player of the season (even though he isn't a kid anymore?!?) Godfrey is now finished, hasn't got a football brain, needs booting asap as he doesn't have a future at the club?!?
Agree it's over the top he hasn't been good this season but there are reasons he has been shunted across the back four, he has had covid and the overall organisation at the back is bad from every player. Yes he needs to improve there are areas of his game he really needs to work on but I won't write him off

The best centre halves barely ever go to ground. My old coach used to scream at me to stand up any time I slid in for a tackle !
Yet Maldini, Cannavaro, Nesta & Ramos all loved a slide tackle. Proper myth that slide tackling isn’t an important part of the game.

Shocked with the slating Keane is getting. For anyone blaming Keane, first watch the richarlison goal and the great assist put in by Keane. Then watch the Watford equaliser where Godfrey totally misses his header. Then watch the goal to go in front for Watford where Godfrey is caught half way in the Watford half of the field in no man's land leaving Keane exposed 2 on 1, what's Keane supposed to do there? Then watch the the 4th goal where Godfrey loses the ball instead of clearing in his own area leading to the goal. Then watch the 5th goal and where is he? A centre back jogging back from no man's land again?

Godfrey had a stinker. Keane’s been having stinkers for years. It’s been like watching Frank Spencer defend.

I agree with you.. he did make some mistakes but no more than any other player, and by the time he let king score the third one - game was over.

of course its unacceptable to quit after the third goal but if we're talking about keane being crap, well when the game was competitive he wasn't having a terrible game like a lot of people are saying.

people are also blaming iwobi - it wasn't his fault they scored 4 goals. the sub should have been holgate/gbamin in rondon out.

Status
Not open for further replies.