2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benitez's stubbornness personified. He's desperate not to be proven wrong over Rondon, and is clinging on to the notion that all he needs to do is play him until it goes right.
Totally agree - it's like he won't even contemplate being wrong on him and it not working.

I would have much more time and respect for Benitez if he held his hands up and dropped him now (say he's got a knock FFS!) - rondon needs taking out of the firing line, but I don't think it's gonna happen and things will get much worse before they get better.

If he selects rondon against wolves then the away boys and girls are going to maul them both.

Let this one sink in.

He’s getting paid well over four million quid a year for the duration of his contract .

He may not have cost anything, but for a club with severe FFP restraints, this is criminal and whoever sanctioned his transfer should be fired on the spot.

Undoubtedly @ForeverJimmyNail92 will ride in again and start with his usual bollox, about him being the only striker available in the world on a free.

Training hard for wolves
EA31A0AB-624F-4D82-82EE-F6DEFF9F9708.jpeg

Let this one sink in.

He’s getting paid well over four million quid a year for the duration of his contract .

He may not have cost anything, but for a club with severe FFP restraints, this is criminal and whoever sanctioned his transfer should be fired on the spot.

Undoubtedly @ForeverJimmyNail92 will ride in again and start with his usual bollox, about him being the only striker available in the world on a free.

You have a weird weird hatred of this fella mate - couldn't have anything to do with the bloke who signed him could it?

I mean I've not seen you hate on Tosun, Bolasie, Kean, Gomes, Delph who cost us a whopping £101.5 million and £450k+ a week between them. Thats not mentioning piss takers like Morgan Schneiderlin, Gyfi Siggursson, Gbamin, Iwobi which is another £130 million on top.

THEY are the reason we are in this mess - not free signing Rondon.

Im sound with criticism of any player Im one of the worst for it but dont slate others whilst being a massive hypocrite and hound one player relentlessly just because it suits an agenda against Benitez (who signed Gray and Townsend btw) when they've been much more costly mistakes that have led us down the road we are currently at.

You have a weird weird hatred of this fella mate - couldn't have anything to do with the bloke who signed him could it?

I mean I've not seen you hate on Tosun, Bolasie, Kean, Gomes, Delph who cost us a whopping £101.5 million and £450k+ a week between them. Thats not mentioning piss takers like Morgan Schneiderlin, Gyfi Siggursson, Gbamin, Iwobi which is another £130 million on top.

Im sound with criticism of any player Im one of the worst for it but dont slate others whilst being a massive hypocrite and hound one player relentlessly just because it suits an agenda against Benitez (who signed Gray and Townsend btw) when they've been much more costly mistakes that have led us down the road we are currently at.

To be fair it shouldn't come as any surprise to see a manager who brought a player in get terrible stick when said player is so absolutely gash that it's laughable. He can't even make it to a trot he's that slow. lol

Totally agree - it's like he won't even contemplate being wrong on him and it not working.

I would have much more time and respect for Benitez if he held his hands up and dropped him now (say he's got a knock FFS!) - rondon needs taking out of the firing line, but I don't think it's gonna happen and things will get much worse before they get better.

If he selects rondon against wolves then the away boys and girls are going to maul them both.
For me, Benitez has earned enough credit with Gray and Townsend to let this one slide. But the more he plays a badly-out-of-shape-and-form player, the worse the decision to sign him seems to everyone

Put him on the treadmill for 3 hours a day, then come back in a month.

To be fair it'd have to be one very slow moving mess for Rondon to be the answer to clean it up.

Seeing that half of the players you mentioned would fail a DWP work capability assessment, perhaps there was a logic behind signing the Venezuelan walrus of sloth.

Surely we'd be better off getting Tosun on even if he's half fit? He at least looks like he once played the professional game at a half decent level. Rondon moves like he's been hit by a tranquilliser dart.

Looool, more deflection.

All of those players you list may have been a massive waste of money, but at least at some point, they have resembled footballers.

I`ve seen fellas playing walking football at Goals in Speke, who would comfortably out run him.

It`s got nothing to do with who the manager is, it`s the fact that should never have been signed in the first place.

Anyone with a pair of eyes, could see that this fella was finished a long time ago.

He`s costing us over four million a year in wages, when the reality is that any striker from the lower leagues would`ve been a better option.

His signing isn`t just a mistake, it`s scandalous.

Put him on the treadmill for 3 hours a day, then come back in a month.

It's funny you should say that because I just happened to see Rondon in the gym on a treadmill! He was laughing hilariously because the bloke next to him had put a water bottle in the Pringles tube holder... ?
#TruStory

Status
Not open for further replies.