2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The players aren't world beaters, but the second half proves these players aren't as bad as the Benitez groupies would have us believe. It's no coincidence that we've started some games incredibly poorly only for the manager to abandon whatever tactics he tried to set them up with in training that week. Twice we rode our luck and came back against Southampton and Burnley after horrific first halves. That luck wasn't going to last forever and in fact Wolves were unlucky to only put two past us. I don't know if its plain arrogance on Benitez's part or what, but we can't afford to keep doing this.

Good managers can defend corners and free kicks.

If you cant organise a defence for the basics then you shouldn't be managing at this level.
I love your posts Tim and you normally talk sense, but are we seriously arguing that a manager who has won La Liga titles and won the Champions League and won the FA Cup and guided the RS to second in the Premier League is not a good manager?

Roberto Di Matteo has won a few of those.
Would you want him ?
Are we seriously comparing the respective CVs of R.A.F.A. and Roberto Di Matteo? The latter had a brilliant Chelsea squad that cost about half a billion Pounds to assemble. Chelsea were also already in the quarters (either that or the last 16) of the Champions League when he took and they were already in the quarters of the FA Cup when he took over. And they had easy draws.

And he did nothing in the Premier League. Quite the opposite. Chelsea didn’t even come close to finishing in the top 4 under him.
He’s also never won La Liga, unlike Benitez. He’s also only ever been to one Champions League final, unlike Benitez.

What Di Matteo did was a fluke. Other than those 8 weeks of glory at Chelsea he has had no success whatsoever in his entire managerial career.

Are we seriously comparing the respective CVs of R.A.F.A. and Roberto Di Matteo? The latter had a brilliant Chelsea squad that cost about half a billion Pounds to assemble. Chelsea were also already in the quarters (either that or the last 16) of the Champions League when he took and they were already in the quarters of the FA Cup when he took over. And they had easy draws.

And he did nothing in the Premier League. Quite the opposite. Chelsea didn’t even come close to finishing in the top 4 under him.
He’s also never won La Liga, unlike Benitez. He’s also only ever been to one Champions League final, unlike Benitez.

What Di Matteo did was a fluke. Other than those 8 weeks of glory at Chelsea he has had no success whatsoever in his entire managerial career.
You mentioned trophies.
Not CV’s.

Gallardo is available in January. He's the only manager we should sack him for if results continue.

Marcelo Gallardo, Ruben Amorim, Graham Potter.

Get rid of Benitez and Brands + bring in one of those 3 and Luis Campos or Dan Ashworth.

I have no idea why anyone would want to spend £500m on a business and not want it to progress.

He’s only bought us because other rich boys were buying clubs
He's making a solid investment with the club and the ground. He'll maximise it if we become a stable top 6 team but still come out with a profit if were top 10.

Thats why i believe his strategy is to keep the transfer spend low due to the rules and then go into round 2 with a huge pot of cash for transfers.

To me, this current state of affairs has one ending.

Duncan will be permanent manager some time in the next 16 months, probaly around this time next year when the two month World Cup break starts.

Not saying I want that, nor indeed that I don’t, just that Mosh will feel he has nowhere else to turn when the already seemingly doomed Benitez experiment reaches it inevitable denouemen.

Ferguson wouldnt be doing this badly.

Just want to stay up to be honest.

Now that aimless crosses telegraphed on rinse and repeat haven’t worked.

Predictbly he will go ultra defensive now.

In his head we’re Newcastle a few years ago.
He's not watched our games last season + doesnt know the players. There cant be another explanation imo.

The board need to act right now. Every game they let this go on makes it harder to recover.

Its blind hope and nothing more to think Benitez can turn this around. I dont think anyone genuinely believes that will happen. We fundamentally have the wrong manager. Correct the mistake like Spurs and begin to move forward.

Becoming relevant again will be a very long process but it won't start until we have a manager who unites the club and everyone works towards a common goal.

The current situation is just unacceptable. The club is in a total mess.
Agreed. Who would you have in mind to come in?

Even Silva was a prem experience pick. None of the best managers in the league right now managed a premier league club before except for Moyes and Conte when he's appointed. I don't think we should get rid but hopefully our recruitment for the squad is more creative than our managerial ideas.

This is spot on and something ive been saying for some time now. We NEED to bring in someone directly from overseas OR someone in England with a progressive style like Potter.

Its bewildering to see teams appoint managers from overseas and do very well when surely they should follow the Everton model of hiring failed premier league managers lol

Status
Not open for further replies.