Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mentioned trophies.
Not CV’s.
Not just trophies. I mentioned R.A.F.A. guiding the RS to runners-up in the Premier League with a weak and relatively underfunded squad, something Di Matteo could never have done. In fact, he had a squad of superstars at Chelsea and guided them to 7th. Another thing I doubt Di Matteo could have ever done is win La Liga more than once (or even once, for that matter!!), which is what R.A.F.A. did.

I've been a big advocate of rafas since he joined but he got it badly wrong in the first half today. It worries me that he didn't take the disallowed goal as a warning sign to change things. It was obvious it was only a matter of time until they scored. Imagine how different the game would have been if he changed things the way he did at half time before they scored.

Reactive not pro active today. The first sign for me of concern towards him.

We are still in the top 10 and we have just two fewer points than we had at this stage last season - and we had the most decorated manager in history at the helm!

Benitez spent just £2million in the summer and he has had extraordinary luck with injuries. We have missed DCL and Doucoure particularly acutely in recent weeks. Even the likes of Man City wouldn’t thrive if they were without their top goalscorer and their best midfielder for weeks.

If R.A.F.A. can’t arrest this slide within the next 5 or 6 weeks and it looks like we will be at risk of relegation then of course we will have to consider a change, but I can’t see that being the case. This is a long-term project. Only rich clubs like Chelsea can get away with changing their managers every other season.

Who would we even bring in? And there’s no point saying a manager who is blatantly unavailable.

I know theres some who dream of a potter ball type revepkurion happening here but it’s never happening as long as we still have the donkeys we have playing for us. Keane Godfrey Coleman Davies Iwobi they’re all terrible on the ball. Mina Delph Gbamin Holgate aren’t much better. There’s no easy solutions here.

Who would we even bring in? And there’s no point saying a manager who is blatantly unavailable.

I know theres some who dream of a potter ball type revepkurion happening here but it’s never happening as long as we still have the donkeys we have playing for us. Keane Godfrey Coleman Davies Iwobi they’re all terrible on the ball. Mina Delph Gbamin Holgate aren’t much better. There’s no easy solutions here.
There needs to be a mass exodus from top to bottom in the summer (It wont happen btw) the gross mis-management will bite us on the arse very soon and unless the rot stops then possible relegation is a serious issue here.
Would i get rid of Benitez tomorrow? Yes but that wont rid us off our problems.

Moshiri's appointment's have ben nothing short of abysmal
Brands recruitment has been terrible and he's been here long enough now that he cant hide behind Steve Walsh's failures.
The scouting system seems non existent
The first team players are on huge contracts in comparison with their ability
We have a manager here who should never of been considered for the job
We have first team players who are scared of a football at their feet, they have no fight or heart and for most of them talent.

Three of our next 4 games our defence will face players like Kane/Son Foden/Grealish/De Bryune Mane/Salah.

Not just trophies. I mentioned R.A.F.A. guiding the RS to runners-up in the Premier League with a weak and relatively underfunded squad, something Di Matteo could never have done. In fact, he had a squad of superstars at Chelsea and guided them to 7th. Another thing I doubt Di Matteo could have ever done is win La Liga more than once (or even once, for that matter!!), which is what R.A.F.A. did.
Who cares? He won last liga 20 years ago. His last real trophy is 7 years ago. Its all historical at better teams than ours. Teams that were already competing. All he has done since is battle relegation and scrape safety. (I don't count championship title as being an achievement after he spent 60m to do so). At both Newcastle and dalian he played negative, defensive football. He scraped past 40 points twice with newcastle (one season was only due to perez having a freak scoring run) and he survived relegation in China in the playoffs.

The football was awful and he can't even set up a defence now.

We are still in the top 10 and we have just two fewer points than we had at this stage last season - and we had the most decorated manager in history at the helm!

Benitez spent just £2million in the summer and he has had extraordinary luck with injuries. We have missed DCL and Doucoure particularly acutely in recent weeks. Even the likes of Man City wouldn’t thrive if they were without their top goalscorer and their best midfielder for weeks.

If R.A.F.A. can’t arrest this slide within the next 5 or 6 weeks and it looks like we will be at risk of relegation then of course we will have to consider a change, but I can’t see that being the case. This is a long-term project. Only rich clubs like Chelsea can get away with changing their managers every other season.
Prepare for championship football next season.

Is it inconceviable that a good coach can get rid of those donkeys over time. If sweeping changes happen at this club then everything has to start somewhere. Why do we have to keep saying but what can a new manager do with this lot. Well its pretty bleedin obvious not much. Thats why you wont be keeping them long term.
Aint no quick fix. Just have to accept that.

There needs to be a mass exodus from top to bottom in the summer (It wont happen btw) the gross mis-management will bite us on the arse very soon and unless the rot stops then possible relegation is a serious issue here.
Would i get rid of Benitez tomorrow? Yes but that wont rid us off our problems.

Moshiri's appointment's have ben nothing short of abysmal
Brands recruitment has been terrible and he's been here long enough now that he cant hide behind Steve Walsh's failures.
The scouting system seems non existent
The first team players are on huge contracts in comparison with their ability
We have a manager here who should never of been considered for the job
We have first team players who are scared of a football at their feet, they have no fight or heart and for most of them talent.

Three of our next 4 games our defence will face players like Kane/Son Foden/Grealish/De Bryune Mane/Salah.

Cant argue with that. The whole recruitment makes me want to weep.
I could go on for hours about this. But a quick example was last night the only recognised left back wasnt available. So Godfrey plays. At the moment he's neither a full back or centre half. But did marcel brands see fit to fork out 25m for this lad thinking he could cover all positions along the back line?
Back to recruitment we go. Its abysmal.

Is it inconceviable that a good coach can get rid of those donkeys over time. If sweeping changes happen at this club then everything has to start somewhere. Why do we have to keep saying but what can a new manager do with this lot. Well its pretty bleedin obvious not much. Thats why you wont be keeping them long term.
Aint no quick fix. Just have to accept that.

It would make it more palatable if there was an obvious strategy at the club.

As it is, Rafael is gonna be the fall guy.
Rinse and repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.