2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in a relegation battle already . There’s no question that we won’t win a game between now and the derby and we obviously know what will happen there.
A relegation battle after 10 games - this is why I love this forum.

Get Doucore, DCL back and we’ll start picking points up again. Don’t get me wrong, we are crap and will likely finish 10-12th but nowhere near a relegation battle. Need to get rid of the waiter though ASAP.

we have, but we haven’t had this man in charge. i do feel for him as it’s the players are crap. but it’s a win or lose game

if you lose more then it’s one outcome

he’s on the plank - lose sunday and us fans will push him off.

i’m actually thinking is they’re anyone else who can come in and work with the same bunch of clowns
I don't think there is. Not one that the board is capable of finding anyway. Personally I don't think he's on the plank until we're in serious and genuine relegation trouble.

Who would we even bring in? And there’s no point saying a manager who is blatantly unavailable.

I know theres some who dream of a potter ball type revepkurion happening here but it’s never happening as long as we still have the donkeys we have playing for us. Keane Godfrey Coleman Davies Iwobi they’re all terrible on the ball. Mina Delph Gbamin Holgate aren’t much better. There’s no easy solutions here.

I mean Spurs have just gone and got Conte like.

Benitez's system is built on a target man feeding off crosses, lay offs and commanding CB's who can attack the ball - without DCL and Mina we have neither - throw in Doucoure and Richarlison missing for large parts of the season so far and thats why we are struggling at present.

I would prefer to see a 3 man midfield but at the same time thats not the root of our problems its the barebones squad and its lack of quality thats hurting us.

Thats going to hurt the next manager and the one after that until we get the recruitment right.

Players like Michael Keane, Holgate, Coleman and Digne can not defend well enough in an open system. Its why Ancelotti changed it last season when we started getting cut through like butter after the Southampton away defeat - but that way was never a long term fix and plenty on here including myself moaned that we were going nowhere with that set up.

So we then can't moan when Benitez tries to be more open because the next "progressive" manager everyone is hoping for will surely have to play a more open style!!
Again. Why do our tactics not reflect the ability of the team we actually have? and not the fictional one Benitez thinks we have that can play the way he stubbornly demands they play?
He is a preposterous buffoon.

I think most Blues know this. This squad of players is not going to change much, till the new season. So the question is, can Benitez get a tune out if them. At the moment he is struggling, massively. My worry is that he is just not losing the fans, but he is losing the players who were openly arguing with each other last night.

Benitez's system is built on a target man feeding off crosses, lay offs and commanding CB's who can attack the ball - without DCL and Mina we have neither - throw in Doucoure and Richarlison missing for large parts of the season so far and thats why we are struggling at present.

I would prefer to see a 3 man midfield but at the same time thats not the root of our problems its the barebones squad and its lack of quality thats hurting us.

Thats going to hurt the next manager and the one after that until we get the recruitment right.

Players like Michael Keane, Holgate, Coleman and Digne can not defend well enough in an open system. Its why Ancelotti changed it last season when we started getting cut through like butter after the Southampton away defeat - but that way was never a long term fix and plenty on here including myself moaned that we were going nowhere with that set up.

So we then can't moan when Benitez tries to be more open because the next "progressive" manager everyone is hoping for will surely have to play a more open style!!

What you say is completely reasonable mate and there are clearly lots of challenges. However 2nd half, with the same group of players, we were much better and at least competed in the game. That was with a tactical shift of playing a midfield 3 rather than 2. It was good of Benitez to make the change, but I am somewhat alarmed that it took him 45 minutes, of being annihilated by Wolves to realise what would seem quite obvious to us all.before kick off.

Clearly stuck a boot up em at half time and got a response at least

He needs to get us playing like that for a full 90 consistently every week

If he can do that then we'll be fine, especially when DCL and Doucoure are back

He needs to stop messing Gordon about

What would be the point in sacking him, we are desperate for stability. If he is given time and backing I think he will be a success. There are bigger problems than the manager at the club

What ive seen lately with this zonal marking. Its pure deja vu with marco silva.
If that stubborness to persist with something that these players proved they couldnt adapt to then stability can often just be a word that sounds good. You need something to grab onto that says its worth persisting with.

Status
Not open for further replies.