Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs are as bad as we are, Conte hasn’t been there long enough to make a difference yet and, btw they did go into.a 3 goal lead in their Europa conference game, but, they were an absolute shambles after that and nearly managed to pluck a draw out of the jaws of victory. Sunday is probably our best chance of 3 points for the next few weeks.

A little touch of Conte P/C​

Conte on his contract length​

The contract is OK for me, the hope is I find the right connection for this club for a long time for sure.
I think my contract is not a problem. 18 months and we decided. I understood also what this club did for me. We can work together for a long time.

Conte on Everton game​

I remember that I lost my last game against Benitez. For sure, our expectation to have a tough game as Everton tough team. Goodison is not easy to play. At same time we want to show and improve results, especially for our table [position]. It won't be easy.

Conte on Kane​

We're talking an important player, not only for Tottenham but also for the national team. Harry is a really good player and for sure we have to to work with him and all the players to improve this situation. I have seen this past few days that we need to work a lot to improve many aspects for every single player and not only one, two, three.

Conte on his first few days at Tottenham​

But after 2 or 3 days it’s a short time to answer this question. I hope this commitment, attitude and behaviour continues for the rest of the season.

Conte on targets​

Now to tell that we have a specific target is not simple. I think the club is the same. Paratici knows very well this is the situation. I think at the moment it’s not good or not fair to say we want to do this or reach this. At the moment we’ve only to be strong, to start to work together and think that we need to improve.

I fear our brave lionhearts will struggle again...I shan't be watching, but if both play, my MotM selection will be either Crab Iwobi or Saruman.

Everton 0 Spurs 2

Spurs have a new manager. Therefore; first league game must be Everton and the score will be 10-4.
One of the most depressing results I ever witnessed was Christian Gross's second game as manager for spuds v us in 1997 - a 0-2 Everton defeat naturally.
Of course he had lost his first to Palace.
Everton the team all new managers dream of playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.