Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if he's free, it would be a bad move

He's going to want £100k plus per week, given he's earning well in excess of that at Juve and if he comes here on a 3 or 4 year deal or whatever, we are going to be in a position where if he stinks the gaff out or spends most of the time out injured (with his track record, that's quite likely) he would be yet another ageing, highly-paid player on our books who we can't get rid of because nobody will pay them the same sort of money

We have to stop doing this sort of thing

As Rafael said we have to get creative with the limited budget we have in place.

We need more depth in the squad.

A half injured Ramsey is still better than a Tom Davies and Gbamin.

As has shown, an injury to Allan or Doucoure and we're screwed.

As Rafael said we have to get creative with the limited budget we have in place.

Mate, ability is just one part of the puzzle.

If we have to be creative with our budget, paying big wages (and let's not kid ourselves, it would be big wages) to a player who has spent half of his career for over a decade out injured doesn't scream "creative", it screams "stupid".

I've no doubt that he's better than the vast majority of the players we have in his position, but that doesn't help us one iota when he's sat in the treatment room. He's also one of those players who's played since a very early age and has a lot of miles on the clock - his injury record wouldn't suggest he's likely to have a particularly lengthy career. He will be 31 in a couple of months. Unless we somehow got him to agree to an 18 month contract, I don't see any logic in it at all.

How, Mr I’ve never been to goodison??

How is paying someone large wages for only part playing when we’ve just shifted Rodriguez for the same reason

I do think he wants a number 10 or a more attacking minded midfielder, who can score a create in a 4141 formation.

If money is tight we may need to look at this type of signing in one or two areas. We did it with Townsend who’s only 6 months younger. Admittedly, hadn’t had the injuries Ramsey has. But Ramsey is a better player.

This is the problem you have appointing Rafael. He has a small window to get this right, or at least get us moving in the right direction. So do you get a 20yr old from abroad who may take a year to settle. Or do you get a Ramsey or Lingard

I do think he wants a number 10 or a more attacking minded midfielder, who can score a create in a 4141 formation.

If money is tight we may need to look at this type of signing in one or two areas. We did it with Townsend who’s only 6 months younger. Admittedly, hadn’t had the injuries Ramsey has. But Ramsey is a better player.

This is the problem you have appointing Rafael. He has a small window to get this right, or at least get us moving in the right direction. So do you get a 20yr old from abroad who may take a year to settle. Or do you get a Ramsey or Lingard
Problem is I don’t think we could afford the fee for Lingard in January, although I’d probably take him over Ramsey based on his form for WHU last season. Either would be a gamble though.

I think we may have learned our lesson of paying top wages to top players for them to sit in the injury room.

Ramsey is quality when he plays, but I'd steer well clear. We need quality on the pitch, not in the sick bay. This lad will end up at Newcastle playing max 10 games a season.

If we are spending big on wages, I'd have Ligardinho over Ramsey.

Mate, ability is just one part of the puzzle.

If we have to be creative with our budget, paying big wages (and let's not kid ourselves, it would be big wages) to a player who has spent half of his career for over a decade out injured doesn't scream "creative", it screams "stupid".

I've no doubt that he's better than the vast majority of the players we have in his position, but that doesn't help us one iota when he's sat in the treatment room. He's also one of those players who's played since a very early age and has a lot of miles on the clock - his injury record wouldn't suggest he's likely to have a particularly lengthy career. He will be 31 in a couple of months. Unless we somehow got him to agree to an 18 month contract, I don't see any logic in it at all.

He played 1500 mins last season, played every game in the Euros in June and has been on the bench for most games this season.

If we can manage his fitness and injuries well, there could be a bargain to be had.

Problem is I don’t think we could afford the fee for Lingard in January, although I’d probably take him over Ramsey based on his form for WHU last season. Either would be a gamble though.

The only way we will get Lingard is a loan to buy. I think Moyes will take him to West Ham, or Howe will take him to Newcastle.

He played 1500 mins last season, played every game in the Euros in June and has been on the bench for most games this season.

If we can manage his fitness and injuries well, there could be a bargain to be had.
Because playing somebody on the wrong side of 30 well over £100k p/w with a MASSIVE injury issue would be a bargain.

Remind me again, why did we get rid of James? What was Benitez's excuse? "We need players able to play and not be injured", no?

Because playing somebody on the wrong side of 30 well over £100k p/w with a MASSIVE injury issue would be a bargain.

Remind me again, why did we get rid of James? What was Benitez's excuse? "We need players able to play and not be injured", no?

James was on in excess of 200k per week. He is notorious for a lack of effort. He's a fantastic player when he wants to be. That's the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.