Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we’re going to run the club like that then I fear the forthcoming relegation and subsequent destruction of the club will be on its way quicker than the 3-5 year period I’ve predicted.

Well the other option is to really pull back on spending and that means that players will leave at the end of their contracts and we won’t be able to replace them with even like for like. If you consider that our squad currently is pretty terrible (beyond the first 11 especially) then that failure to spend and replace will only see us head one way given the spending everyone else on that graph can make.

If we don’t spend then I think relegation is highly likely, if we spend then I don’t think it is and we can deal with any legal consequences later.

Well the other option is to really pull back on spending and that means that players will leave at the end of their contracts and we won’t be able to replace them with even like for like. If you consider that our squad currently is pretty terrible (beyond the first 11 especially) then that failure to spend and replace will only see us head one way given the spending everyone else on that graph can make.

If we don’t spend then I think relegation is highly likely, if we spend then I don’t think it is and we can deal with any legal consequences later.

The legal consequences are probably points deductions and transfer bans mert.

It shows we have spent mostly poorly, but the graph also shows an underlying cause, ffp is very unfairly weighted towards the bigger clubs, who are constantly in Europe and have massive commercial deals and huge squads / players on loan, who if they sell a few, ffp problems disappear i.e Chelsea. Can't just blame Moshiri, yes he has his faults, but is backing the managers a fault ? The problem is too many managers, no stability. Would you prefer Kenwright, sell to buy, or simply go two years without buying anyone ? Made bad manager choices is his main fault.

It makes you think how we could be in talks to sign Patterson, Maitland-Niles or Diaz plus loan attempt for Van De Beek.
Depends how you structure the deals I guess? Ffp is like a three year process maybe we are at the end of it. Also as I say big wages off the books next summer.

I wouldn't worry about it. Come January we will just announce a new sleeve sponsorship deal worth £10m per year or something and Richarlison will sign a new contract. In the summer, he will be sold for close to £100m and combined with a number of other deals and contracts running out, it will flip the position on its head.

By the time the next rolling 3 year period comes around, we should be, if all goes to plan, moving into a new stadium which will strengthen the position.

For every person who says how stupid/clueless Moshiri is, he has a few million pound in his bank that says otherwise, and no amount of social media back seat accounting will change that. These people are on another level. They don't lose if they can help it.

It shows we have spent mostly poorly, but the graph also shows an underlying cause, ffp is very unfairly weighted towards the bigger clubs, who are constantly in Europe and have massive commercial deals and huge squads / players on loan, who if they sell a few, ffp problems disappear i.e Chelsea. Can't just blame Moshiri, yes he has his faults, but is backing the managers a fault ? The problem is too many managers, no stability. Would you prefer Kenwright, sell to buy, or simply go two years without buying anyone ? Made bad manager choices is his main fault.

Yes it is Moshiri’s fault because he’s employed all these idiots and is keeping them at the club (Brands)? It is entirely Moshiri’s fault that we’re in this mess.

I wouldn't worry about it. Come January we will just announce a new sleeve sponsorship deal worth £10m per year or something and Richarlison will sign a new contract. In the summer, he will be sold for close to £100m and combined with a number of other deals and contracts running out, it will flip the position on its head.

By the time the next rolling 3 year period comes around, we should be, if all goes to plan, moving into a new stadium which will strengthen the position.

For every person who says how stupid/clueless Moshiri is, he has a few million pound in his bank that says otherwise, and no amount of social media back seat accounting will change that. These people are on another level. They don't lose if they can help it.

This is a really really weird argument, just because someone has made a lot of money doesn’t mean they have a clue what they’re doing in football.

No one is paying £100m for Richarlison either.

Yes it is Moshiri’s fault because he’s employed all these idiots and is keeping them at the club (Brands)? It is entirely Moshiri’s fault that we’re in this mess.

So you would prefer Kenwright then ? Or do you blame Bill as well for selling to Moshiri. Not everything is black and white, Moshiri has employed Professionals, managers and dof's and sacked them for failing, surely they must shoulder some of the blame for wasting a lot of his money. Hindsight is great if you have it, I'll admit I thought Keoman and Walsh were a decent pairing at the time, I was wrong, so we're a lot of Evertonians. You can't always tell who can succeed or not, it's trial and error.

Contracts running out for useless squad players like Tosun, Delph, Begovic, Sigurdsson and Kenny means less money spent on wages and thus improves our ability to sign new ones.

Yes, because the managers have generally been idiots who want to spend big fees +wages on players with zero resale value. We have spent like a "big club" for years without coming close to matching revenue because we're always too awful to qualify for Europe. Sell to buy is our only option now as it has been for years, despite the club pretending that it's something we can afford to not do.

If Moshiri had any sense we wouldn't be in this position, but as the years have shown he's been very determined to keep digging a deeper financial hole for the club. He gambled on Ancelotti being a quick fix to get us into Europe but Carlo failed to deliver, which just showed that his strategy for the club was always a disaster waiting to happen

So you would prefer Kenwright then ? Or do you blame Bill as well for selling to Moshiri. Not everything is black and white, Moshiri has employed Professionals, managers and dof's and sacked them for failing, surely they must shoulder some of the blame for wasting a lot of his money. Hindsight is great if you have it, I'll admit I thought Keoman and Walsh were a decent pairing at the time, I was wrong, so we're a lot of Evertonians. You can't always tell who can succeed or not, it's trial and error.

If by “would you prefer Kenwright” you mean “would I prefer the club to be run sensibly within its means and not putting ourselves in serious financial jeopardy” then yes, I would actually. Bill was skint and run the club as if he was skint, I wasn’t happy with that and at the time wanted him to sell to someone with more money, but it’s a damn sight better for the long term health of the football club than this car crash we’ve got going on right now.

Our owner is gambling away our football club, ours, the supporters, as if it’s just some disposable toy to him. It sickens me that people are alright with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.