Unanswered Questions/Club statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean for me, I’m stressed about how the board simply don’t have a clue how to fix it to be honest.

We tried almost every type of manager now, but seem to get caught in the same problems.

What’s the direction? The plan? Aside from building a stadium, what is the short term goals of Everton? The medium and long?

I’d just like us to be one step ahead and read the trends and be ahead instead of playing catch up.
Good post! I'd settle for a player or two just to act like wearing our shirt means something at the minute!

Good post! I'd settle for a player or two just to act like wearing our shirt means something at the minute!

Our signing strategy needs to be the old approach.

Buy young, hungry players, desperate to prove a point, who have huge upside and resale value.

Since Moshiri arrived, how many players have we actually managed to sell, let alone for profit?

Schneiderlin (£20m loss), Klaasen (£10m loss), and Lukaku, Barkley and Stones? The rest have just went on frees or were stuck with their huge wages.

When things got this bad in the past there was always the option of bringing out some news on a plan for a new stadium. They can't use that to divert attention from how bad we are since we started to actually build the new stadium.

Buy young, hungry players, desperate to prove a point, who have huge upside and resale value.

Since Moshiri arrived, how many players have we actually managed to sell, let alone for profit?

Schneiderlin (£20m loss), Klaasen (£10m loss), and Lukaku, Barkley and Stones? The rest have just went on frees or were stuck with their huge wages.
Yep Cahill £1.5 million

Our recruitment has been truly shocking. Our scouting must be practically non-existent.

Our recruitment has been truly shocking. Our scouting must be practically non-existent.

Where do we scout though?

I look at the French league and there’s talent bursting at the seams, and that’s in every team.

Look at the likes of Raphinha, who cost significantly less than any of our wingers.

The championship is littered with talent and we just seem to hover around Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Arteta, Pienaar, Jagielka, Lescott, Stones, Lukaku, Bent… there’s been loads.

Instead we’ve went for weighty fees, high wages.

Apart from Lukaku, they all have something in common, they don't come from big six clubs whose players on a whole, seem to think they are too good for us and the shirt. As you say but young, hungry even if they are from a lower division.

Where do we scout though?

I look at the French league and there’s talent bursting at the seams, and that’s in every team.

Look at the likes of Raphinha, who cost significantly less than any of our wingers.

The championship is littered with talent and we just seem to hover around Barcelona and Real Madrid.
Agree. Leicester and Southampton seem to find gems all the time. Leeds too. I really hoped Walsh and Brands would sort that out. Apparently, not.

Siggy has been mentioned a few times. Is he facing criminal charges? I dont mean impersonating a footballer. I presume charity Everton are still paying him top dollar. Good God Swansea must love us. Siggy and Williams what did that pair cost.

Agree. Leicester and Southampton seem to find gems all the time. Leeds too. I really hoped Walsh and Brands would sort that out. Apparently, not.

Southampton aren’t soft.

They just watch Chelsea u23 ans know they’re all available.

Livramento is a great player and Broja has been Handy this season.

Leicester sign players who suit their system, not necessarily the best player available.

I have no idea what our strategy is. Genuinely? When we can sign players again, what’s our strategy?

Southampton aren’t soft.

They just watch Chelsea u23 ans know they’re all available.

Livramento is a great player and Broja has been Handy this season.

Leicester sign players who suit their system, not necessarily the best player available.

I have no idea what our strategy is. Genuinely? When we can sign players again, what’s our strategy?
I have no idea either. I would start with looking at the 'character' of players. It feels like the last manager who did this was Moyes. We seem to have recruited a bunch of mentally weak individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.