2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
End of the day mate we're 11th with 27 games to go - we did this with Koeman when we're genuinely lifeless and in the bottom 3 places which lumped us with Alladyce - we weren't lifeless against Spurs and was robbed by VAR of a penalty.

We're mid season and skint - we aint getting no one decent coming in until at minimum end of the season so the minority of radicals who've wanted him out from day one will have to accept he isn't going anywhere until absolutely necessary.

All this "well the 9 clubs below us could, may, possibly, might be above us in 2 games time" is no different to me saying we'll get 6 points out the next 2 games.

Until it happens and we are rooted in the bottom 3 then there is no reason to panic. 1 or 2 results and we'll be fine.

Come back to me in 10 games time and if we're bottom 3 fair enough he has to go but im not wetting the bed just yet as Dunc wont do anything with no DCL to lump it up to and we won't be getting any good manager in mid season who'll do any better with these injuries.

My thing with Benitez is I just don't think he was the right choice at all so I wouldn't care if we cut him adrift. He's not a good manager anymore mate. He used to be, now he isn't. I'm not saying we can attract the best of the best, I know we can't, but I think we could have got a coach who could elevate the players we have. The squad is crap, but we do have some good players in it and some average ones who with the right approach are definitely not mid-table fodder - they could push top 7/8, as proved last year, and I don't think Ancelotti's approach was the best either btw.

Galtier was interested, but we didn't even interview the bloke. Benitez was just a crap appointment based on the last 5 years. I hoped I was wrong but I don't think I am.

I dislike him greatly. But regardless he's badly under performing.

Frank is managing a freshly promoted site. No comparison.

Benitez is dealing with 5-6 players out, and we're already paperthin.

The run has been disappointing, but when you're working with the dross he is, I'd expect nothing less. Give him a chance to stamp his authority.

It's why I didn't want to appoint him. If this was Ancelotti starting like this, he'd never have got the stick.

Benitez is dealing with 5-6 players out, and we're already paperthin.

The run has been disappointing, but when you're working with the dross he is, I'd expect nothing less. Give him a chance to stamp his authority.

It's why I didn't want to appoint him. If this was Ancelotti starting like this, he'd never have got the stick.
His form is a sackable offense for any manager.

Don't have the squad to play free flowing football even with everyone fit. Anyone who believes that or thinks the squad could play that way under a new manager are the same that will want them sacked after 3 months.

Nobody is asking for free flowing football. We're asking for a bit better than what's been served up this season.

Also, every single manager that has been sacked needed to be sacked and none got sacked after three months, mate.

The big question is; compared to what? Of course, if you compare with Brazil in the 1986 World Cup, most people will agree with that conclusion. It is quite subjective what one thinks is good football, and here there are many different opinions.

Personally, I have been quite happy with the start of the season. We have been far more aggressive, and often won back the ball from the opponent. In addition, we have been far more direct, and created many chances after quick transitions. At the same time, we have been effective, by that I mean that we have many shots on goal based on ball possession. All this is confirmed by the statistics.

However, I agree that the development has not been positive, but it is quite clear that the negative trend correlates with injuries to key players. So I'm not very worried. On the contrary, when you see that the manager's philosophy is slowly but surely starting to be implemented on the field, it indicates that the manager is doing a good job in the training field. The players' qualities become a more relevant question here.
Like if you compare it to about 16 other teams in the league.

I watch footy for a living. We're one of the worst teams I have seen play football mate. We're crap. And Benitez isn't helping, he's going to make it worse. Look at his idea of a system??? It's 4-4-1-1 like it's 2006 and he's so stubborn that he's now playing our only decent, fit winger in the one behind the striker.

I'll give him a fair judgement when he actually has his best players available.

The opening games were fine. Since then he's had to play Davies, Delph and Iwobi.

The opening games weren't fine.

We were awful against Southampton in the first half. We were flaky v Leeds when they scored their second and Benitez let that happen by not making a sub. We were good v Brighton but horrendous against Huddersfield.

We played well for 10 minutes v Burnley and got some goals. Since then we've beat Norwich, and we weren't great in that game Norwich were just really bad.

Below: all pink squares denoting absences due to fitness or suspension.....all pink squares with red crosses denote injury.

An utterly calamitous season.....only Keane, Allen, Townsend and Gray (and now not even Gray) have been available for all games....

Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 09.42.33.png

....so stop talking gash about "complaining too much about missing players and injuries".

\

THIS. 1 win in 9 means we have the worst form in the league.

View attachment 146595

UTD got rid of their manager, so did Newcastle and Villa.
Brentford and Brighton you'd expect to be down there.

So what makes the slimy kopite untouchable? Why should he stay in a job when he's badly under performing?

Because he has only had 14 games with the team. You set a precedent to fire managers (especially given the injury situation) that quickly and we are doomed.

If we still haven't improved by mid Jan then there might be a decision to make, but that would be understandable by then if results haven't picked up as we would be in the relegation places. Take a long hard look in the mirror and ask yourself if you want us to become the very club we used to laugh at? (go take a look at the Watford thread for instance)

Continue down that path managers will see us as a stop gap or just an easy payday knowing that come the first sticky patch you'll be binned off and the players will be the same mishmash of ideas and visions which is exactly why we are where we are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.