2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The manager needs to stop blaming injuries and start picking up points or he will be sacked.
THIS. 1 win in 9 means we have the worst form in the league.

fghfghfgh.png

UTD got rid of their manager, so did Newcastle and Villa.
Brentford and Brighton you'd expect to be down there.

So what makes the slimy kopite untouchable? Why should he stay in a job when he's badly under performing?

The squad is virtually the same as last year, so 10th and 59 points is the benchmark. The manager is underperforming and we are about to go on our worst run of form since 2005.

It's defending the indefensible in this thread. He needs to improve results in the next month or he needs to be sacked for poor below standard performance. No manager survives a run of 1 in 12 or 13.

Ancelotti performed far better and got criticised by a lot of the Benitez fans. People just aren't willing to accept the obvious fact that this is never going to work out.

Cos that was how good Carlo was. I defended Carlo and think people forget how poorly cobbled together this squad is that there were games we had zero hope, that he'd somehow get a result.

I've said before and I agree, that's the benchmark points wise. But don't forget the new manager always had to figure his squads limitations and how it works. Everyone had a clean slate so it eventually takes time for the new manager to find who he can trust. He's already binned the physio, new James wasn't going to be playing, know Gordon is better than Iwobi...it's as I mentioned when Carlo left...it's a big rest for that squad and for the manager to learn exactly what Carlo did. Sadly, that's just how it is.

We've done is a lot under Moshiri. Step forward, 2 back. Only option is to step forward or stand still because backwards doesn't work.

Cos that was how good Carlo was. I defended Carlo and think people forget how poorly cobbled together this squad is that there were games we had zero hope, that he'd somehow get a result.

I've said before and I agree, that's the benchmark points wise. But don't forget the new manager always had to figure his squads limitations and how it works. Everyone had a clean slate so it eventually takes time for the new manager to find who he can trust. He's already binned the physio, new James wasn't going to be playing, know Gordon is better than Iwobi...it's as I mentioned when Carlo left...it's a big rest for that squad and for the manager to learn exactly what Carlo did. Sadly, that's just how it is.

We've done is a lot under Moshiri. Step forward, 2 back. Only option is to step forward or stand still because backwards doesn't work.

Unfortunately I feel like we are going back quickly at the minute. There has been a big regression this season.

It's very simple for Benitez. Results have to get better and quickly.

View attachment 146595

So what makes the slimy kopite untouchable? Why should he stay in a job when he's badly under performing?

Utd benchmark was challenging for the title.
Villa spent £200million
Newcastle are the richest club in the world and rock bottom

Leicester haven't sacked their manager and are underperforming from last season.

View attachment 146595

We don't change managers unless we end up in the actual bottom 3 because we have no ambition and zero standards at the club. We are ran by a board with no aspiration to succeed or winning mentality and an owner who knows absolutely nothing about football.

If results continue to be poor then eventually we will get to the point where Benitez is inevitably sacked, but it won't be decisive and things will get far messier than was needed. We've seen with Koeman and Silva. Things got far worse than was necessary before a decision was taken. We had to literally wait 37 games of a season for Martinez to be sacked and only after getting thumped by a woeful Sunderland side.

View attachment 146595

So automatically, your bias is showing.

Ignore the fact he's a former Liverpool manager. Then think about how many managers we'd go through, if we sacked a manager cause he's got 1 point from 5 games. Are Brentford going to sack Thomas Frank? They've only got 1 point too.

The squad is virtually the same as last year, so 10th and 59 points is the benchmark. The manager is underperforming and we are about to go on our worst run of form since 2005.

It's defending the indefensible in this thread. He needs to improve results in the next month or he needs to be sacked for poor below standard performance. No manager survives a run of 1 in 12 or 13.

Ancelotti performed far better and got criticised by a lot of the Benitez fans. People just aren't willing to accept the obvious fact that this is never going to work out.
Is there a big difference between 12th place and 53 compared to 10th place and 59 points? Does it have any practical significance?

Of course, sooner or later we have to start picking up points. No one argues against it, but the point is that only 12 games have been played, and we are after all in 11th place.

The problem with Ancelotti was that he was given both time and resources, but he largely swore to ad hoc solutions. Which we argued that would not make us better in the long run, and eventually the good results would stop. Which turned out to be a pretty good prediction.

Ignore the fact he's a former Liverpool manager. Then think about how many managers we'd go through, if we sacked a manager cause he's got 1 point from 5 games. Are Brentford going to sack Thomas Frank? They've only got 1 point too.
Frank has built up a large groundswell of goodwill because he took them up - and rightfully so.

The Waiter, frankly, starts with negative credit due to his past associations.

I dislike him greatly. But regardless he's badly under performing.

Frank is managing a freshly promoted site. No comparison.

Is there a big difference between 12th place and 53 compared to 10th place and 59 points? Does it have any practical significance?

Of course, sooner or later we have to start picking up points. No one argues against it, but the point is that only 12 games have been played, and we are after all in 11th place.

The problem with Ancelotti was that he was given both time and resources, but he largely swore to ad hoc solutions. Which we argued that would not make us better in the long run, and eventually the good results would stop. Which turned out to be a pretty good prediction.
The practical difference is cash for league placings. In the long run it probably doesn't have a massive impact. But you always want to see signs of progression and that means year on year improvement. We look like we are regressing at an alarming rate.

Sometimes you need to go back to go forwards, but I see nothing to suggest there is any chance of this improving soon. The football is abysmal, the results are dreadful, the morale is rock bottom, and the overriding emotion is apathy. We can't defend and can't score goals, and the manager is stubborn. We are going absolutely nowhere until changes are made.

Frank has built up a large groundswell of goodwill because he took them up - and rightfully so.

The Waiter, frankly, starts with negative credit due to his past associations.

Yeah, Frank shouldn't be sacked, and rightly so. My point was you can't be kneejerk just because of some bad results, by the same token, Klopp would have got sacked last season for losing 5 home league games on the run.

Give everyone a blank slate.

Did Beardsley, Ablett, Hutchison get bad press when they put in subpar performances because they used to play for Liverpool? Move past the bitter mentality.

You've got to move on. Whether you like it or not, he's here, he's manager, and you've got to back him. The whole side has underperformed for the entire 2021. They've won 10 games out of 36, and it's the same side as last season, but with injuries. Some bad results, but every manager for the last 30 years has had bad results.

Status
Not open for further replies.