2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He played 25 matches. We knew he wasn't going to be fit the entire season as he hasn't been for years.

Mina is a perma crock who averages about the same amount of matches that James did but I don't see people clamouring to boot him out of the club. Mina played 13 matches his first season and we didn't boot him out then.

Yet plenty of tears are being shed because apparently he's our only capable defender now.
In January, some of the posters who are saying mina is vital and we won't win without him were calling Keane our best CB. Then towards the end of the season, Godfrey was the key CB for us.

He isn't the most controversial appointment in my eyes though - Benitez only seems to trigger a select few supporters.
Come on bud, you can't seriously suggest that if Nuno / Potter / Favre / Big Dunc / Howe or literally any other manager was appointed it would have caused just as much division, hatred and fracture of a fanbase as the Everton-belittling LFC legend?!??... There's a clear reason there is not exactly a long list of managers to have had both jobs - the inevitable outcome can be seen a mile off.

Many people didn't want a relegated Martinez here or a Scam Allardyce & Sammy Lee, but there was never the level of split amongst the fans that Benetiz being appointed has caused. And to me, I'd say it's the majority that don't want Benitez anywhere near this club, not a 'select few'. If he was sacked tomorrow, I doubt too many those who 'give him a chance now he is here' would be overly disappointed by it.

And do his list of past glorious really count in 2021? Has he done anything of significance in the past decade that says he was/is the clear Number 1 choice for the job? Mourinho is one of the most successful managers ever, but I reckon most fans and Prem clubs wouldn't want him now because he's clearly been left behind by the modern game at the highest level, despite all his achievements 10-15 years ago. Is the old bloke who came from Newcastle via China really any different or better or likely to take us to where the rest couldn't?!

o god the ignorance... the hubris and .. well just complete fantasy of yourself image as a legaue is huge..
1) calling netherlands a donkey league is plain disrespectfull , the EPL is actually a 2 side league, one of those big six (soon to be 7 if newcastle keeps the money pouring in) : you know that league with super stars, few english journeymen footballers.. the good stuff. AND then the SH1t fest league : the rest of the teams filled with journeymen who cant win ANITHING at the international level (see europaleague) but somehow believe they are better than other leagues... ridiculous. put everton in brasileiraos or argentinian league and then watch em go rock bottom... the distance between both "EPL" leagues is astronomical...and only will keep getting bigger.

2) what? do you even watch football? gallardo (riverplate ) renato (flamengo), tite (brazil) etc etc.. the world is a big place, many of said options could be cheaper thant mister raphatel..

humble up a bit. i could name 10 managers better than mister R. far better.

lol lol lol lol lol

"Special". "Pure".

The rest of us are not worthy. Diluting our identity.
YES DAVE! I can see you know your Mary Douglas and are applying her in and out group theories around purity and danger.

Dirty Benitez lovers.

Filthy Anyone But Benitez Brigaders

Dirty Dirty Dirty Wolfpac types.

Animals! Filthy! Dirty! We all are. To someone, somewhere.

Oh so you're just making things up then. Sound Dave. Glad to see you admit it.
Not at all.

The accusations from them to me is that I betray the club. It's proper cultist behaviour.

They have all the answers and apostates wont be tolerated.

Laughable really, because the Messiah they want to install is a cone laying galloot. Can you imagine the level of hate you have to have for this manager that they'd depose him and him and crown that feller king?

YES DAVE! I can see you know your Mary Douglas and are applying her in and out group theories around purity and danger.

Dirty Benitez lovers.

Filthy Anyone But Benitez Brigaders

Dirty Dirty Dirty Wolfpac types.

Animals! Filthy! Dirty! We all are. To someone, somewhere.
You've completely lost me - and perhaps lost 'it'.

Almost as if you made it up Dave
Not one bit of it.

There's a self elected elite operating here who believe they cant let the club have the manager of their choice because that choice fails the arbitrary standards of 'Everton's identity' they've created. And they've done all they can since day one (never mind all the recent cobblers about "1 in 9 wins lad") to unseat the manager the club chose.

Tell me I'm wrong...

Not one bit of it.

There's a self elected elite operating here who believe they cant let the club have the manager of their choice because that choice fails the arbitrary standards of 'Everton's identity' they've created. And they've done all they can since day one (never mind all the recent cobblers about "1 in 9 wins lad") to unseat the manager the club chose.

Tell me I'm wrong...
Is this a bit like the Liberal elite? Are they the same people the Brexiteers railed against?

I don't see how or why the Liberal elite would hate Benitez?

Status
Not open for further replies.