2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He never had a multiple of Davies, Gomes, Doucoure, Richy, Dom, Mina, James all out at the same time though.

And don't get me wrong, I honestly thought Carlo pulled out some results out of the blue especially away. People still called him a dinosaur manager and the Italian Big Sam though.

I'm not deflecting blame either as he's responsible too. Im just not using it to hang him with 12 games in and a mass of injuries.
I don't want to see him hanged either . I want him to be very much alive when Goodison collectively screams for his sacking and the joy and laughter when it happens and I want him to remember that hate then relief and laughter for the rest of his ( hopefully ) long life .
I know he'll be a tad richer but his reputation in this country will be as bad as the RB supporters here .
I don't want him to do bad I want him to do well and go all mercenary and go to the middle East . I'm not that smart but even my dumb ass can see him getting sack in the very near future.

It's not about possession-based players. FGS you don't need to have Man City's players to have possession, and you don't need to have possession to control games either.

The first thing you do is match up the team your playing with in midfield - the key area of the pitch. Brentford have been playing, I believe, with a 3-5-2, so that means a three-man midfield. A two-man midfield would get overrun, as it did against Wolves, as Wolves had the 2 10s dropping into midfield to go alongside Neves and Dendoncker I think it was.

If you put three in midfield you have a basis to build from. Doucoure could very well be fit. If Allan is fit, then you've got Delph, Allan and Doucoure, that's a decent enough midfield to go to Brentford with.

Delph can offer that protection in front of the defence as he did v Spurs, and you have the extra players in there to match up with Brentford. That forces Brentford to the flanks, so you'd have Townsend one side and Gordon the other to double up with the full-backs.

That makes Keane and Godfrey's life easier.

if there's one thing that Keane likes dealing with it's long balls to his head. He's fine at that. It's when teams pass through the midfield and run at him he's useless as he isn't aggressive enough, probably worried about getting turned.

I've given you that little tiny bit of tactical basics there. We have a very experienced manager who will have had a full week to focus on this game and train the team to do it, a full week to assess how Brentford play and where the battles will be won. He also gets paid a very handsome amount to do so. So he has to come up with a plan. Not just 'let's stick with this that's seen us win 1 game in 9 in all comps'

Totally agree with that. But it's not as simple because the problem is...what if Doucoure and Allan aren't fit, who do you play and feel that would work? Delph can only last 60mins. The only midfielders we know 100% are fit are Onyango and Gbammin. So if the starting 3 are Delph, Onyango, Gbammin, we that confident?

What you're saying works well to go to Brentford to be very defensive and try to stop them which in turn will cause some to get upset about being defensive minded against a newly promoted side. On top of that...there's not one midfielder there who can play a forward pass or an attacker that can link midfield to attack. We'd be still set up to counter attack so the onus is on getting Gordon, Townsend, or Iwobi or deliver on that when it happens.

We played in a 3 under Carlo with a pragmatic, defensive style away from home which was about being without the ball because we couldn't keep hold of it but for the most part snatched a goal when we could (mainly Dom, Richy, Siggy or James none of which we currently have).

Overall I think it's fair to say it'll be difficult where as some think on here we should still slap these about.

He never had a multiple of Davies, Gomes, Doucoure, Richy, Dom, Mina, James all out at the same time though.

And don't get me wrong, I honestly thought Carlo pulled out some results out of the blue especially away. People still called him a dinosaur manager and the Italian Big Sam though.

I'm not deflecting blame either as he's responsible too. Im just not using it to hang him with 12 games in and a mass of injuries.
In the 8 games doucoure was missing there were also injuries to DCL, Allan, Gomes, James, King, Bernard, iwobi, Coleman, mina, Keane and pickford. (As well as.your delphs, gbamins, tosuns etc).

Disagree there - Moshiri isn't an Evertonian he's an Iranian businessmen.

How was he meant to know we have a contingent of bitter fans who would react that badly.
Come on bud, you can't think no one at executive level or his pal Jim White would have thought to mention it to him at some point during the month-long interview process?!

I know most of our execs aren't fit for purpose but surely somebody must have said "just to let you know Farhad, but Everton and Liverpool are rivals, don't like each other very much, so if you appoint one them -something no one has done in over a hundred years- and especially one their legends who was also a cast-off and who belittled your new toy, there's a tiny chance some who are deeply passionate about the club and take a lot of pride in it might not be too thrilled, and it could maybe possibly become a lil bit of an issue in the highly unlikely event we start falling down the table". I'm pretty sure it can't have been a surprise to Moshiri.

In the 8 games doucoure was missing there were also injuries to DCL, Allan, Gomes, James, King, Bernard, iwobi, Coleman, mina, Keane and pickford. (As well as.your delphs, gbamins, tosuns etc).

Injuries across a whole season. There was never a point where Gbamin or an under 23 player were needed to play as we senior had bodies fit.

As a collective Doucoure, Siggy, Davies, Allan, Delph, Gomes were never all injured at once last season.

And I recall us not playing very well due to those injuries.

Who has used those words you are quoting though, other than you in this argument?

You can't just stick quotation marks around things so that it looks real.

Double quotes are used to mark speech, for titles of short works like TV shows and articles, as scare quotes to indicate irony or an author's disagreement with a premise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back