Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno but whoever it is will almost certainly fail like the other managers thus im not arsed, sign a random off the street who plays football manager too much for all I care, the outcome will be no different and it’ll be cheaper sacking them.

The more I think about it the more convinced I become that there’s like 3 or 4 managers on the planet who actually make a difference and the rest could just be replaced by random members of the public who would get similar results.

To sum up managers are overrated, let’s go rogue and not have one and leave all tactical decisions to fans via Twitter polls… we would still be rubbish but at least it would be amusing.

Last edited:
We can't afford to pay Benitez's contract up and we can't afford to pay compensation to bring a new manager in.

Anyone who is balanced enough to look at the situation with any perspective at all will know that Benitez has been set up to fail here. Yes he's not helping himself with numerous personnel and tactical decisions that he's making but the problems we have were here before him and they're going to be here after him as well.

I couldn't care less what happens to Benitez, he took on an impossible job which is proving to be impossible. However, if the club take him out before Brands, it's basically admitting that we don't have a clue about what our issues actually are and that we are happy to repeat the cycle of hiring and firing managers without ever wondering why each one of them is failing so spectacularly.

Brands must be dismissed. It is of absolute monumental importance for this club's health that he is removed as quickly as possible.

We can't afford to pay Benitez's contract up and we can't afford to pay compensation to bring a new manager in.

Anyone who is balanced enough to look at the situation with any perspective at all will know that Benitez has been set up to fail here. Yes he's not helping himself with numerous personnel and tactical decisions that he's making but the problems we have were here before him and they're going to be here after him as well.

I couldn't care less what happens to Benitez, he took on an impossible job which is proving to be impossible. However, if the club take him out before Brands, it's basically admitting that we don't have a clue about what our issues actually are and that we are happy to repeat the cycle of hiring and firing managers without ever wondering why each one of them is failing so spectacularly.

Brands must be dismissed. It is of absolute monumental importance for this club's health that he is removed as quickly as possible.
They both need to go. Thats not even a debate

I don't disagree. But when Benitez sacked after Liverpool run up a cricket score against us, we'll be using the January kitty to pay him off so I hope people don't expect too much from the next sucker we give the cursed chalice too.
No money should be spent in January. This season is a write off already.

Get a new manager in, get to 45-50 points and overhaul the squad in the summer.

Brands knows too much. His role has been meddled with by both Kenwright and Moshiri so I do have some sympathy. His role was to create an identity throughout the footballing side, do that and a change of manager is easier. We haven't though, managers have been selected by varying people and processes with little input from Brands, certainly not to the fulfillment of his role.
Putting him on the board was, like most appointments, a distraction, a patsy, same with the managers.
Before Brands goes I really would like to see Kenwright, DBB, Unsworth and all the other care home retirees rid of they are the virus infecting the club, with the world's greatest living Evertonian still pulling the strings.
Bear in mind he would only sell to someone who would let him stay on...

Let Moshiri do it until he realises he knows absolutely nothing about football - then butts out, concentrating only on the financial side and lets proper football brains run the club.

Brands knows too much. His role has been meddled with by both Kenwright and Moshiri so I do have some sympathy. His role was to create an identity throughout the footballing side, do that and a change of manager is easier. We haven't though, managers have been selected by varying people and processes with little input from Brands, certainly not to the fulfillment of his role.
Putting him on the board was, like most appointments, a distraction, a patsy, same with the managers.
Before Brands goes I really would like to see Kenwright, DBB, Unsworth and all the other care home retirees rid of they are the virus infecting the club, with the world's greatest living Evertonian still pulling the strings.
Bear in mind he would only sell to someone who would let him stay on...
I take Brands at face value because I do not know the inner workings of the club, nor do the people who claim that his job has been meddled with by Moshiri and Kenwright and that he's basically been whittled down to a glorified scout.

What I do know is this. Marcel Brands has signed two contracts at Everton FC to serve as it's Director of Football. Not First Team - Boardroom Liaison Officer. Director of Football.

In the 3 full years he's been here, in what positive way has he Directed our Football? I couldn't give you a single answer on that score. Our squad is appalling, our recruitment is appalling, our youth development is appalling, our managerial appointments are appalling and every other metric you could weigh his job against is appalling.

He is a monstrous failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.