Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone who plays football and can defend as well, very high bar I set lol just not a pragmatic manager, sick and fed up of defence first football, it's so draining. I'd prefer our team to get beat playing football if we are going to get beat. At the moment we aren't even defending well for a defensive manager it's baffling.

Regardless of whether I like him or not I’d love Roy Keane to do our team talk Wednesday and to tell the players what it’s like to play in a derby and also to play against Liverpool

He has got a good thing going at West Ham though mate, why join this circus?

He wouldn't so people defaulting to that hope are deluding themselves.

We got 59 past year. Why would a drop off of 20 points be acceptable

Because our top scorer has been absent for most of our games this season is a good start. Look how Spurs do without Kane is kind of an indicator. I don't think we will be 20 points down come the end if we have Gray/Doucoure/Mina/Richarlison and DCL available for 80% of the games after Christmas.

Can we add some kind of poll to this with all the candidates?

Ferguson
Favre
Fonseca
Potter
Lampard
Bruce
Warnock
Phil Neville

Plus any others...

Evertonians are known for their patience and their logic.

I don’t think there’ll be calls for Benitez to go at this stage. Yes we’re four places lower than we finished under the great Carlo Ancelotti last season, but most blues realise that you can’t be expected to achieve much when your best players are all injured for months on end. The injury situation has cleared up somewhat and against Brentford we were only missing our best defender (Mina) and our two best attackers Richarlison and Dominic Calvert-Lewin. But we were desperately unlucky. We had 61% of the possession, we had almost THREE TIMES as many shots on target as Brentford and we should have had at least two penalties.

The next two matches are crucial. If we cannot get results at home then we’re in trouble. I remember when we last won the league and the great Howard Kendall said something along the lines of “It was our home form that did it. How can you not win the overwhelming majority of your home games when you’re playing in front of these fans? They’re like a 12th fan. They encourage you from the first whistle to the last.”
Sorry but we weren’t desperately unlucky, we are desperately poor again! To have 61% of the possession and three times as many shots on target isn’t unlucky, it’s an indicator of how bad we were again!

Lampard or Fonesca are the only two I can think of who would be interested. We aren’t an attractive proposition due to a poor squad, inability to spend in the transfer market, and the shambolic way the club is being run.

I take Brands at face value because I do not know the inner workings of the club, nor do the people who claim that his job has been meddled with by Moshiri and Kenwright and that he's basically been whittled down to a glorified scout.

What I do know is this. Marcel Brands has signed two contracts at Everton FC to serve as it's Director of Football. Not First Team - Boardroom Liaison Officer. Director of Football.

In the 3 full years he's been here, in what positive way has he Directed our Football? I couldn't give you a single answer on that score. Our squad is appalling, our recruitment is appalling, our youth development is appalling, our managerial appointments are appalling and every other metric you could weigh his job against is appalling.

He is a monstrous failure.
He didn't reccomend Benitez. You forget the sh t show he walked into.
How many managers has he had to deal with?
Who is in charge at Everton in reality?
I don't think anyone knows. But to lay it all at his door is myopic at best, in the same way players don't suddenly become bad overnight, unless they sign for us, neither does Brands.

Someone who plays football and can defend as well, very high bar I set lol just not a pragmatic manager, sick and fed up of defence first football, it's so draining. I'd prefer our team to get beat playing football if we are going to get beat. At the moment we aren't even defending well for a defensive manager it's baffling.
Potter then? only the 'big 6' conceded less goals than Brighton last season, some say he's another Martinez, that couldn't be further from the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.