2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone has seen his comments today and still thinks he's the right man then I'm genuinely baffled.

The bloke's an idiot.

Hes actually quite media savy, - id like to think most Evertoinans have to much sense to fall for it - Deflection all over the show!

"The fans know that the club has sacked to many managers and things haven't improved".

No 1. You dont speak for the fans.

No 2. Do we really want a manager who is playing internal club politics with our board in the media to save his own brand/skin.

It was always going to be a divisive appointment, he cant help himself.

My point was that time and time again the fans have called for the managers head and the club has pulled the trigger and its ultimately got us nowhere. 6 managers in 6 seasons shows this tactic is not working.

We seem to be going round in circles the past 5 years and the club is rotten to the core and maybe just maybe this manager should be backed so he can bring his own players in before we give him the sack.

Not one manager out there could come in and get a tune out of the shambles we call a squad.

The manager should be allowed to put his own stamp on the squad and get rid of the crap.

The blame for all this is down to the shockingly way we wasted money with previous managers and now this curre t one is bearing the brunt of those mistakes when he can only work with what has been left for him.
I agree that a lot of damage has been caused to this club, over the last 5 years with the money we've wasted, and bad managerial appointments. We have a squad with poor depth, and are hamstrung by FFP restrictions. I think a lot of managers, could have managed more than a total of two points from the last twenty four available though.

You say we should back Benitez for the long haul, and let him redesign a squad to his own vision. We'll if we do that, then i fear that even greater damage could be done to this club. There's no point keeping on a manager, who is failing dismally at his job, and unwanted by the vast majority of the fanbase imo.

There's plenty of young talented up and coming managers around Europe, who would be capable of doing a great job for us. Why settle for a washed up has been, who's done nothing of relevance in nearly twenty years? Especially a has been with the sort of baggage and history he has.

This is absolute nonsense but is certainly something Benitez would 100% parrot.

The tactical set up was, in a word dumb. Perhaps it would charitable too describe it as amateurish or maybe even touchingly optimistic.

You and Benitez both highlight player mistakes as being critical but that is exactly the point of the high pressing approach that teams like Liverpool employ. They seek to create situations where opposition mistakes lead to goals. Benitez set us up to play right into their hands and we did (players being human and all).

Also Benitez must be fully aware the players are at low confidence and were facing an emotional match with a impatient and disgruntled supporters. Why set them up to almost certainly fail (which we did with complete predictability).

As to getting in behind them so what? Liverpool and other high pressing sides normally concede a few decent attacks every game on account of their high pressing style. Managing to get a few of those attacks is no achievement. What counts is the end result and that was a comprehensive (near historical) drubbing.

All the punditry and a significant number of the supporters at the game felt it was poor, many voted with their feet, not just because they are angry with the board, plenty were disgusted with the performance.

The situation called for entirely different (and yes ugly tactics) because as a club we are desperate for points, desperate for a positive result.

Instead Benitez seems only interested in stubbornly proving some academic point about his own tactical ideas, because as it always is with this manager no matter where he goes it is always all about him.

I honestly think he enjoys the stick he is getting in regards to his RS heritage because its just more confirmation of the above and that everything at the club must orbit around him.

He would rather see us relegated playing his way than adapt and have us improve upon last year's position.

Post of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.